What's new

Clash Of The Titans (Paradigm that is) with pics. (1 Viewer)

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
After a long wait, I finally received my Paradigm Titans and CC-170 yesterday.
Being so used to my Plastic HTiB Speakers I had a hard time conceiving the idea that I will hear a difference. And boy is there a big difference in quality.
The biggest difference is that I need to set my volume level a little lower than before. Being that they are 89dB/WM and the CC-170 is 90 compared to 88 in front and 85 in the back for the Kenwood speakers. I also need to put my rear gains at +1 instead of +4 like before.
Another thing I noticed was the Bass! I don't even notice the sub anymore as the Titans are much better bass-wise and the sub that came with that Kenwood HTiB is not that great response-wise - it only gets to 45hz Flat.
Today I had my dad take pics of my setup so now you can see my HT Setup. Just click Here
Edit: I hit Submit by mistake before finishing my post.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Martin, congrats on your new speakers. I'm sure they are one heck of a step up from the HTiB speakers!!

BTW, I like your setup. Although it is a small area(like my dorm room), I bet those Titans really sing in there, and get pretty darn loud!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
They go lower in frequency at the expense of some accuracy. The lower midrange is not very clear and tight, especially at elevated levels, but I still like them. When set to small, they do an excellent job. I'm using a pair in my bedroom set to large, no sub and I am happy with them.

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
Nice room there Martin. Thus begins the never ending upgradeitus.. (Is that a word)
One of these days I'l get pix up, till then I just get to look at everyone else's nifty setups.
BTW Those sure look like Sanus stands... where did you get them if you don't know who makes em? :)
Brian

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
Congrats.

The Titans are excellent speakers for the money. I have a pair for rears and the Minis/CC-370 up front. For that small of a room, they are probably more than you will ever need. Enjoy.

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
On the My Equipment page, the picture didn't show up because FrontPage Express messed up the filename, but it's fixed now.
Yes, I'm in a small room but the good thing is that I don't need to put the volume loud to get the sound level I want and that helps on the Neighbor Complaints Department hehe!
BTW Those sure look like Sanus stands... where did you get them if you don't know who makes em
I got them at Radio St-Hubert in Montreal. Sanus? I think that name sounds familiar, maybe it's written on the instruction sheet and I never noticed... And to fuel that Cable debate, the 12ga cables I bought for my fronts really made a different (Initially I left my old cables) but yesterday I changed the cables and I noticed a difference in sound quality!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What freq do they lose accuracy?
I can't tell you what frequency it is that this happens, and I never noticed it before I compared them side by side to other, better speakers. Again, that is not to say that I don't like them, I have 2 pairs right now, the second set are my rears in my main system. Congrats and enjoy :emoji_thumbsup: Good choice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atalba