Clash Of The Titans (Paradigm that is) with pics.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Martin Fontaine, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor

After a long wait, I finally received my Paradigm Titans and CC-170 yesterday.
    Being so used to my Plastic HTiB Speakers I had a hard time conceiving the idea that I will hear a difference. And boy is there a big difference in quality.
    The biggest difference is that I need to set my volume level a little lower than before. Being that they are 89dB/WM and the CC-170 is 90 compared to 88 in front and 85 in the back for the Kenwood speakers. I also need to put my rear gains at +1 instead of +4 like before.
    Another thing I noticed was the Bass! I don't even notice the sub anymore as the Titans are much better bass-wise and the sub that came with that Kenwood HTiB is not that great response-wise - it only gets to 45hz Flat.
    Today I had my dad take pics of my setup so now you can see my HT Setup. Just click Here
    Edit: I hit Submit by mistake before finishing my post.

2. Jeffrey Noel

Jeffrey Noel Screenwriter

Martin, congrats on your new speakers. I'm sure they are one heck of a step up from the HTiB speakers!!

BTW, I like your setup. Although it is a small area(like my dorm room), I bet those Titans really sing in there, and get pretty darn loud!

3. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    They go lower in frequency at the expense of some accuracy. The lower midrange is not very clear and tight, especially at elevated levels, but I still like them. When set to small, they do an excellent job. I'm using a pair in my bedroom set to large, no sub and I am happy with them.

4. Brian Kleinke

Brian Kleinke Supporting Actor

Nice room there Martin. Thus begins the never ending upgradeitus.. (Is that a word)
    One of these days I'l get pix up, till then I just get to look at everyone else's nifty setups.
    BTW Those sure look like Sanus stands... where did you get them if you don't know who makes em? [​IMG]
    Brian

5. BrianWoerndle

BrianWoerndle Supporting Actor

Congrats.

The Titans are excellent speakers for the money. I have a pair for rears and the Minis/CC-370 up front. For that small of a room, they are probably more than you will ever need. Enjoy.

6. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor

On the My Equipment page, the picture didn't show up because FrontPage Express messed up the filename, but it's fixed now.
    Yes, I'm in a small room but the good thing is that I don't need to put the volume loud to get the sound level I want and that helps on the Neighbor Complaints Department hehe!

7. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John

8. Ned

Ned Supporting Actor

No carpeting and blank walls!!! Hows the echo in there [​IMG]