Clash of the Titans- impressive

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by ScottR, Aug 11, 2002.

1. ScottR

ScottR Cinematographer

I was very surprised and impressed by the quality of this transfer. I saw the film in 1981 and it did not look near as good as it does on this dvd...what also surprised me was the sound quality..I jumped a couple of times as the rear surrounds kicked in...very impressive and recommended!

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Scott, your short statement is an understatement! I don't have time to elaborate right now, but we watched this yesterday and our socks were knocked off! I was impressed all over again with RH's great work. There will never be anyone with his genius again, let me tell ya'. A great flick to culminate a great career!

3. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I can't wait for this disc! I kind of forgot it was coming out...

4. Jenna

Jenna Second Unit

Picked up this wonderful DVD last week, and thoroughly appreciated both the transfer and sound! This 80's adventure has amazingly held up very, very well! Sure, the "effects" look a little cheesy by today's standards, but they're still fun to watch.

The only negative thing to be said about the DVD is the "snapper" case! Everything else was a pleasant surprise.

5. Darrel Johansen

Darrel Johansen Stunt Coordinator

Nice movie, good DVD transfer. Some cropping, though, especially if you look at the scene where Perseus first chases the giant Vulture as it steals away with Andromeda's soul. Heads are cut off. See the thread on AVS Forum about this.

Great actors! Plus some scenes that I never saw in the theater or on TV!

Compared to the other movies in this genre, it's probably better in terms of plot and acting, but not Harryhausen's best animation. Don't get me wrong, it's all fascinating, but I think that doing the vulture was a waste of time --I'd rather see fantastic creatures than normal ones being animated.