What's new

'Clash of the Titans' Anyone else want this title? (1 Viewer)

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Not sure who ownes the rights to this one (I think MGM) but it sure would be cool to have a anamorphic WS special edition of this one on DVD.
-Please sign on if you agree.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Are we sure it's still with MGM? Didn't Warner Brothers get the bulk of their older titles, especially those controlled by Turner?
I'd love to see a full, uncut (if there is such a version) restored widescreen DVD of CotT! A favorite of mine as a kid. Audio commentary by Mr. Harryhausen is a must.
Dan
[Edited last by Dan Hitchman on July 18, 2001 at 11:49 PM]

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I would LOVE to have CotT on DVD. Wasn't there a rumor that they were working on a High-def transfer with 5.1 sound. I do hope they atlest put the orig. soundtrack(2.0)
------------------
Read my weekly movie review column at Las Vegas Film Society www.emperor.net/lvfs/index.html?

William Ward

Supporting Actor
Perhaps a petition a la Say Anything???
BUt this is owned by Warner Brothers....which gives me very little hope of it seeing released on DVD before I die(I'm only 25).
The only sliver of hope I do have is that WB is supposed to be having a big 2002 planned for catalogue titles...
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Where is everyone hearing this rumor about Warners planning a big year ahead for catalog titles?

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Wow! Looks like I am not the only one who enjoyed this film in my youth. If you guys say that Warner controls the rights to this title, I believe you. I was really unsure who held the rights, but if it is warner ...then at least we will have the chance to ask for it when they do the HTF chat session in a few months.
WS OAR W/Commentaries and extras. HEY WARNER ...GIVE THIS ONE THE 'SUPERMAN' TREATMENT.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
The most successful Harryhausen movie not on DVD yet? Tsk Tsk.
Hope they're planning something special for this one, a Harryhausen commentary perhaps?
I'd buy this in a second.
20 years old this year and no DVD release, bow down in shame!
Wasn't made in widescreen by the way, but it was released in Dolby Stereo.
The only widescreen Harryhausen film was 'First men in the Moon' (1964), released in Panavision.

Matt Krapf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matt
OMG! What an awesome flick! This needs to be on DVD.
A number of the actors are dead now. Make the DVD, with commentary, before we lose anyone else.
How cool would a short docu on all of the props be?
Great cinema.

ErikG

Senior HTF Member
This is a favorite from my childhood....I can't wait till this one is released.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
Ah remember this one fondly, certainly would like to see it release with a good transfer and some extras.
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks