Clapton SACDs

Discussion in 'Music' started by Dennis_H, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Dennis_H

Dennis_H Stunt Coordinator

Went to Best Buy yesterday and didn't see any Clapton SACDs. Which ones were released? Are they hybrid, multichannel, etc? I'm hoping Slowhand is released on SACD. I want to hear The Core in multichannel...

BB is easily becoming Worst Buy. Hardly any DVD-A, SACD, and not even the new TSO Christmas disc. Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Fest DVD was $30. Guess I'll swing by CC on the way home for that one.

2. Phil A

Phil A Producer
    Supporter

Phil
    Dennis, apparently most BBs got one copy of the Clapton and Elton John discs. I saw all the Elton John ones (will hopefully pick them up this weekend with coupon - just picked up Peachtree Rd. today as it was $9.99), Slowhand was supposedly released but all I saw was Ocean Blvd. and Layla (which I bought and started a small thread). Circuit City is even worse, believe it or not. They have removed all their DVD-As and SACDs. My local store has 3 or 4 SACDs in the SACD kiosk area left, and stelth ones like the Stones and Dylan among the CDs. Circuit City online though has a decent selection and prices.

3. Dennis_H

Dennis_H Stunt Coordinator

So there are 3 Clapton SACDs, Slowhand, Ocean Blvd, and Layla? Any plans for more? Are they multichannel and/or hybrids? Thanks.

4. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Dennis, those are the three. All are hybrids with stereo & multichannel hi-res layers.

Like Phil said, most Best Buys seem to be getting one of each. A friend and I cleaned out my local BB of all the new releases yesterday - he got "Slowhand" & "Ocean Blvd", and I got "Layla" and the 5 Elton John catalog titles.

5. Phil A

Phil A Producer
    Supporter

Phil
    Craig, I did not see Slowhand yesterday when I bought Layla so someone must have cleaned that out and when I went back today to get Peachtree Road for $9.99, Ocean Blvd. was gone.

6. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

I noticed this as well at my local store the SA-CD and DVD-A kiosks have been completely removed. The floor space apparently didn't justify the sales.

J