1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Clapton SACDs

Discussion in 'Music' started by Dennis_H, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Dennis_H

Dennis_H Stunt Coordinator

Went to Best Buy yesterday and didn't see any Clapton SACDs. Which ones were released? Are they hybrid, multichannel, etc? I'm hoping Slowhand is released on SACD. I want to hear The Core in multichannel...

BB is easily becoming Worst Buy. Hardly any DVD-A, SACD, and not even the new TSO Christmas disc. Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Fest DVD was $30. Guess I'll swing by CC on the way home for that one.

2. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Dennis, apparently most BBs got one copy of the Clapton and Elton John discs. I saw all the Elton John ones (will hopefully pick them up this weekend with coupon - just picked up Peachtree Rd. today as it was $9.99), Slowhand was supposedly released but all I saw was Ocean Blvd. and Layla (which I bought and started a small thread). Circuit City is even worse, believe it or not. They have removed all their DVD-As and SACDs. My local store has 3 or 4 SACDs in the SACD kiosk area left, and stelth ones like the Stones and Dylan among the CDs. Circuit City online though has a decent selection and prices.

3. Dennis_H

Dennis_H Stunt Coordinator

So there are 3 Clapton SACDs, Slowhand, Ocean Blvd, and Layla? Any plans for more? Are they multichannel and/or hybrids? Thanks.

4. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Dennis, those are the three. All are hybrids with stereo & multichannel hi-res layers.

Like Phil said, most Best Buys seem to be getting one of each. A friend and I cleaned out my local BB of all the new releases yesterday - he got "Slowhand" & "Ocean Blvd", and I got "Layla" and the 5 Elton John catalog titles.

5. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Craig, I did not see Slowhand yesterday when I bought Layla so someone must have cleaned that out and when I went back today to get Peachtree Road for $9.99, Ocean Blvd. was gone.

6. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

I noticed this as well at my local store the SA-CD and DVD-A kiosks have been completely removed. The floor space apparently didn't justify the sales.

J