City of God S.E.???

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Tim Vickroy, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Tim Vickroy

Tim Vickroy Extra

Does anyone know if there is a City of God Special Edition DVD in the works?

The original release has been out for over a year now, so the time is right, IF it's going to happen. I guess this title may not be popular enough to warrant one, however.

I love this movie, so I'm thinking of picking it up. I'm just wondering if I should wait for a new one with a potentially better transfer (not that the original one was bad, from what I remember).

Anyway, if anyone has heard anything, please let me know. Thanks.

2. Chris Cheese

Chris Cheese Stunt Coordinator

The documentary that is included as an extra on the current release is 100x more valuable than almost any other special feature I own on a DVD. I can't recommend it enough..

3. Ocean Phoenix

Ocean Phoenix Supporting Actor

I was disappointed with it, because it doesn't have anything to do with the production of the movie. I prefer "behind the scenes featurettes" over documentries that, while relevant to the subject matter of the movie, do not deal with the making of the movie.

4. Ryan L. Bisasky

Ryan L. Bisasky Second Unit

are there bts documentaries on dvd's of city of god on other regions?

5. Daniel P

Daniel P Stunt Coordinator

The region 3 HK disc has a dts track, and can be had for a decent price at cd-wow - but the transfer looks quite average, which is nothing unusual for a HK disc.