What's new

City Of God R1 announced (1 Viewer)

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator
February 17, 2004

A bit disappointed in that release date, but at least its going to be here. Better late then never....

Raymond

HorstenG

Auditioning
" 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen
Brazilian Portuguese Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround
News From A Personal War - 1 Hour Documentary"

Anamorphic widescreen and a 5.1 Portuguese soundtrack, perfect. I'm not a big fan of extras, all I want is high quality picture and sound. Hopefully the transfer will be as good as the movie.

I've already pre-ordered this. It will be a nice surpise in the mail come February.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
Anamorphic widescreen and a 5.1 Portuguese soundtrack, perfect. I'm not a big fan of extras, all I want is high quality picture and sound. Hopefully the transfer will be as good as the movie.
Come on Horsten, get yourself a region-free player! They're dirt cheap these days and this DVD has been out for almost 2 months in Hong Kong. It's a goregous anamorphic transfer with the original Portuguese soundtrack in DTS and the subtitling is very well done. A goregous disc which can be had for about $12.

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
I'm not a big fan of extras, all I want is high quality picture and sound.
I purchased the R2 version released in September. The picture and audio quality were above average - no complaints here. The real bonus was the excellent documentary featurette that showed the true 'Favelas' served to only compliment and further the already remarkable film. This is a DVD extra feature you don't want to miss if you loved the movie.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Anyone have a more recent update on the Region 1 extras?

What about the Region 2 France DVD -- is the commentary track in Portugese with French subs?

Thanks!
Ted

Tom_Bechet

Second Unit
I bought the french DVD. It is a nice two disc set . It's got DTS in portuguese but the DVD only has french subs and they are imposed.
the commentary is in portuguese as well with french subs. the only disappointment up to now (haven't gone though the whole set yet) is that the documentary from the UKR2 and R1 is missing.

HTH

Clint

Stunt Coordinator
I too fortunately caught this one in the theaters, the cinematography is excellent, the story very gripping and the violence will numb you!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.