City of God / Palace II

Discussion in 'DVD' started by JasonCC, May 18, 2004.

1. JasonCC

JasonCC Auditioning

Hi,

I have the Region 3 cut, the Region 2 UK cut, the Region 0 Chinese double disc and the Region 4 Brazilian Special Edition (without deleted scenes etc..)

My problem is "Palace II" which is another movie based on City of God. Directed by the same man, even featuring Little Z. It's another chapter out of the same book. I have this on my Chinese/Region 0 double disc only. I cannot find a copy of this short anywhere else. The problem is there are no English sub's on Palace II.

I have tried searching everywhere. The Chinese region 0 seems to be the same as the Brazilian Region 4, with the addition of Palace II. I would also like to mention of all the cuts I own, the Chinese Region 0 is by far the best picture and sound quality. I know, hard to beleive, but true.

I am currently translating the film myself, but it's starting to get a bit old. I was wondering if there is an English cut of Palace II anywhere??

2. StacyV

StacyV Second Unit

If I'm thinking correctly, Palace II is also known as "Golden Gate". It has been broadcast a number of times on the Sundance channel. If you'd simply wish to view the short with English subtitles, that may be your best bet. I'm not aware if it's included on any of the other dvds however.