Citizen Kane Special Edition (UK)

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
I've always wanted to hear Welles' War of the Worlds radio broadcast. I hope they fully include it, instead of just some excerpts.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Looks like I will have to double dip just for War of the Worlds. The documentary was great yet I thought the 2 hour docu for Cleopatra was so much better.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
The documentary was great yet I thought the 2 hour docu for Cleopatra was so much better.
How are the two films related, chief?!

I've been meaning to get that Cleo DVD just for the much-praised docu, for a long time now, but DVDs of films I actually love have gotten in my way!

Welles' War Of The Worlds radio is beyond legendary now - it's a great piece of work. Welles was something else!

Gordy

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The documentary was great yet I thought the 2 hour docu for Cleopatra was so much better.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How are the two films related, chief?!

I've been meaning to get that Cleo DVD just for the much-praised docu, for a long time now, but DVDs of films I actually love have gotten in my way!

Welles' War Of The Worlds radio is beyond legendary now - it's a great piece of work. Welles was something else!

Gordy

Simple. Both movies had a troubled production that makes for fascinating viewing.

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Ah, "I see", said the blind man!

The production problems related to Cleo far outweighted the problems with the Kane, so I would imagine that the Cleo documentary would be better, as there is a bigger fire in the furnace there!

If I can get the DVD for under £15 at some point, I'll get it.

Cheers, Oscar.

Gordy

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dav