What's new

Citizen Kane audio out of sync? (1 Viewer)

Rod Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rod
I wathced part of Citizen Kane last night.
Can others check this out for me? Near the beginning of the film when Kane is writing up his "Declaration of Principles", he's facing to the left with the paper on the table, near the time he signs it. His face is in the shadows as he speaks a line (can't remember what it is now), but the audio is decidedly out of sync from Kane's lips. I replayed it over and over and had the same thing happen.
Is this "the way the film is", or a problem with this pressing we should be concerned about?

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I believe it may be a situation of how the film was looped in post-production. I am sure that it has been this way since the beginning.

Tom Fynan

Stunt Coordinator
I watched Citizen Kane last night, and also noticed this, but later in the movie. During the scene of the office party with the dancing girls, the sound went noticably out of sync, during a close up of Joseph Cotten. It remained out of sync for about 5 minutes, and then seemed to be fine again. I didn't notice it earlier, and I don't know the film well enough to know if this is a DVD or a film problem.
The movie does look spectacular, and it really is a great movie.
Tom Fynan

Agee Bassett

Supporting Actor
To set your minds at ease, this is indeed all post-production looping. The film has been this way since the beginning. :)
A superb DVD, btw.
icon14.gif

------------------
The Devil & Daniel Webster (1941)
webster.gif
"Cinema is simply letting the audience fill in the blanks." - David Lean.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks