What's new

Citation 7.1's. Is it ok not to use all channels? (1 Viewer)

Bob Santos

Agent
I am going to be using 2 Citation 7.1 amps. When I first set them up I will only be using 5 of the 8 channels.
Will running the amp without using all the channels do any
damadge?
Another option would be to use the bridge feature, and run my left, right, and center channels bridged. There are a few problems with this setup though. First I use Definitive Technology speakers, and they dont really tell you what the ohm ratings are. They just say "compatable with 4-8 ohms".
My dealer say's "I should consider them 6 ohms". If that is the case I will be running the amps at 3 ohms. I'm afraid that probably wont be very good for them. On top of that there are also the other negatives associated with running a amp bridged as pointed out by John Morris in this thread
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...hreadid=62637. Thanks John.
So before I go and hook these up I just wanted to make sure I wont be doing any damage. If so I need a good passive sub, and a few feet between my couch and wall for some space to put rear surrounds :frowning:

chung

Stunt Coordinator
You can use as many channels as you want. Unconnected amplifiers will not cause any damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.