Citation 7.1 amplifier

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnDW, Aug 22, 2002.

1. JohnDW

JohnDW Agent

Does anyone have any experience with this amplifier? I can get a low use one for about $800 - it certainly sounds nice in the system I heard it in, and seems to be arted with a lot of power/current. Would work out at about $1.75 per watt ! But these apparently arent made anymore... concerned re repairs and resale value

2. JoeyT

JoeyT Stunt Coordinator

Have not personally owned one, but a lot of people over at digital theater forum have them and love them. If I remember correctly they are clean and provide great power at an exceptional price on the used market.

Good luck.

3. Ted Kim

Ted Kim Stunt Coordinator

I own one and I am very happy with it. I've never had any problems. The only "problem" is that it is a 4 channel amp. However, you can bridge it to make it a two channel amp so you have flexibility. The $800 price range is pretty typical for used -- I keep an eye out. B stock have been selling recently for $1000 on audigon.com.

4. Yogi

Yogi Screenwriter

Citation was made by the same guys that make the highly acclaimed Mark Levinson gear. Citation is certainly a very solid and refined product. It is transparent and powerful. I am sure you would love it in your system. And dont worry about it being used. This beast will last you a lifetime.