What's new

Citation 7.1 amplifier (1 Viewer)

JohnDW

Agent
Does anyone have any experience with this amplifier? I can get a low use one for about $800 - it certainly sounds nice in the system I heard it in, and seems to be arted with a lot of power/current. Would work out at about $1.75 per watt ! But these apparently arent made anymore... concerned re repairs and resale value

JoeyT

Stunt Coordinator
Have not personally owned one, but a lot of people over at digital theater forum have them and love them. If I remember correctly they are clean and provide great power at an exceptional price on the used market.

Good luck.

Ted Kim

Stunt Coordinator
I own one and I am very happy with it. I've never had any problems. The only "problem" is that it is a 4 channel amp. However, you can bridge it to make it a two channel amp so you have flexibility. The $800 price range is pretty typical for used -- I keep an eye out. B stock have been selling recently for $1000 on audigon.com.

Yogi

Screenwriter
Citation was made by the same guys that make the highly acclaimed Mark Levinson gear. Citation is certainly a very solid and refined product. It is transparent and powerful. I am sure you would love it in your system. And dont worry about it being used. This beast will last you a lifetime.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks