What's new

Circuit City's Performance Plan (1 Viewer)

HalRoth

Agent
Ive been looking over Circuit city's Performance Guarantee and here is their initial wording in the contract...

"Here's protection from the one thing manufacturers' warranties never cover - normal wear and tear! With the Performance Guarantee you have our promise your covered product will perform like it did the day you bought it!"

Think they will cover burn-in with a statement like that?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Or "Dead Pixels" for a DLP television?

Keep in mind that sometimes what they put in writing and the way they actually treat you can be different. They may also require you to first spend time working with the Manufacturers service group first, then their own service department, etc., before giving you a new unit.

On the other hand, a friend of mine went through 3 HDTV's in a month before he found one that was stable (the first was DOA, the next worked for a week then suddenly turned green, the third has worked fine for 1.5 years). Circuit City treated him well.

I'm going to move this post to the "Retail & Manufacturers" fourm. I suggest you look back through old posts to see if others have had dealings with CC. Note: when people get good service, they rarely post. So just because there are some complaints, does not mean the company does not treat most people fairly.

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Good question. They will probably try not to cover it but with a statement like that in there I don't see how they could possibly not legally. Are you faced with a burned TV? If so, please post what happens here.

The way the warranties usually work is they will try to repair the unit a certain number of times, then if it can't be fixed they will give you a new one. Since burn-in can be fixed by replacing the tubes I'm sure that is what they will do.

It will be really interesting to try to get some satifaction if hollywood succeeds in getting HDTV content downrezzed. "Mr Manager, my TV showed real HD 1080i the day I bought it, now all I get is 480p, I want this fixed please." ;)

HalRoth

Agent
Yep, sherriftruman, im faced with burn-in, and from your sig, i can give some suggestions. Don't play ghost recon too much. I got burn in from the lobby outlines, and the 100 in my clip. Pretty weird since the lobby never stays on the screen more than 20 minutes in an hour. But I guess at 6+ hours a day for 5 months straight, it ends up burning in.

I contacted circuit city and told them there was a ghosting image on the screen, and they set me up for repair. Things look good so far.

HalRoth

Agent
Things going well. Circuit City approved the cost to replace the tubes in the TV. I guess I will be more careful and turn down my contrast. I really miss not having my tv for 3 weeks. But im glad they covered this.

andre-k

Agent
Speaking about circuit city service plans....DO you think they will replace my onkyo reciever? I dropped it from about waist length and it took a nice dive. There is nothing really wrong with it, but it really pisses me off knowing that I dropped it! Can I just say that things are not right and see if they will give me a new one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks