What's new

Circuit City Sound Rooms (1 Viewer)

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
Anybody know if they use some kind of signal attenuators on their audio control setups? I was just in a local CC and someone was demoing a Polk 450 sub. Tried it with a variety of satellite speakers. Looked over at the H/K 520 they were using to drive it and the volume read +10. Now there is no way on Earth the sound in the room was that loud. My 510 will run me clear out of house and home. What's going on? Any ideas?

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
Something I've noticed at every Circuit City I've been to is that they always run their receivers with the channels all set as high as they can go... so that the master volume level looks really low. I don't know if they're doing it intentionally or if it's just out of stupidity, but they do it.

Mike Bledsoe

Stunt Coordinator
I used to work at Circuit City,what a bore. Those sound rooms can be deceiving in their size we used to run receivers at +10 & 00 and these were fairly powerful units
and the better of them didn't sound bad at all.

Joe Tilley

Supporting Actor
I have also worked at Circuit :frowning: & most of the demo stuff dose get cranked way up. Where I worked they would do anything to sell the biggest piece of junk they had,& they would somehow pull it off.
Man am I sorry I ever worked there,makes me feel all icky inside.

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Do what I do? Call everyone on every piece of BS they pull and don't lie yourself? Eventually they stop doing the shit around you. A customer can walk out w/o the warranty, but I'm not sacrificing any of my ethics for a buck or two extra. Who really needs a warranty on a universal remote? I've told the manager to quit circling my ESP budget w/ the note to work on it. CC is not the best of jobs, but it gives a decent discount. SHoot I made 200 bucks today w/o trying to hard.

As for the demo rooms, they are fairly large and I'm usually kicking the HK 520 up to 0 db. You don' want to even know about the wiring.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks