What's new

Circuit City - Mighty Sheild (1 Viewer)

Brian Warren

Stunt Coordinator
here in Va, CC uses a company by that name to provide an anti-glare sheild for any RPTV you buy from them at a cost of $229. do all CC offer this and has anyone seen it or have it. what are some opinions on it?
I'm contemplating the Hit65swx20B(at CC) or a hdx82(pos mits plat or pioneer643 as well).
thanks
Brian

JonDimasi

Auditioning
all circuit cities do have this option, they come out to your house do measurements and custom fit a screen for your tv.. btw they also give you a choice of a clear screen or an antiglare screen. but i have yet to see the finished product

Jim FC

Stunt Coordinator
A word of warning: the anti-glare screens I've seen limit the viewing angle of the screen. On a RPTV, where the viewing angle is already somewhat of an issue, this can be a problem. If they're coming out and doing a "custom fit" job, chances are you can't return it if you don't like what it does to your picture. I'd ask to see the screen set-up on a similar TV before you invest in one for your own set.

I realize it's not always possible, but a much better solution for glare is to eliminate the sources of the glare... which, not coincidentally, lowers the brightness of your room, making the TV look better.

Brian Warren

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the f/u. I wonder if the redux in viewing angle is dramatic? also, if anyone has seen this screen, how does it do comparerd to some other mechanism of putting a protective screen up and having it be anti glare(hx81, diamond,ect.) vs a sheet from home depot vs the CC option.
thanks
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks