Circuit City learns a lesson

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff Kleist, Dec 30, 2001.

1. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

The widescreen TVs exhibited in this week's ad show more picture on the widescreen sets! Maybe we did some good?

2. Greg O' Connel

Greg O' Connel Stunt Coordinator

Wow, you're right. I'm surprised that CC or anyone else would pay that much attention to detail. Unfortunately, there's a little blurb in the middle of the 2 page big screen TV section that starts out good, but ends on a bad note.

3. Damien Montanile

Damien Montanile Stunt Coordinator

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Hey, don't knock them for saying that last part! We've always said that "J6P" (I still hate that term) can use the built-in zoom/stretch gadgetry to fill up his WS TV and make himself happy if he wants to, just so that we OAR fanatics can get what we want, too.

CC's ad is helping J6P realize that. Leave them alone and let them do it!

It helps *US* in the long run...

5. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

6. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Screenwriter

Joshua Clinard
    I agree with david. I had to read that part a couple of times to get it though.

7. Travis D

Travis D Second Unit

Well, my Circuit City was showing off new HD sets when I went there the day after Christmas. And they so happened to be playing The Grinch on them....... FullScreen version. It was stretched horizontally to fill the HD Screen.

:::makes the loudest hand slapping face sound ever:::

8. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

When I read the usual nonsense that passes for catalog copy in the Circuit City, Best Buys, good guys!, and other Sunday supplements, I keep thinking I should be the copywriter. I remember one of them saying about a certain TV that it has component inputs "for your best DVD connection." Why is component input the "best" for hooking up a DVD player? The copy should read "for more accurate color rendition from DVD players" or something like that.

You would think the copywriters in these stores' marketing departments would take the time to learn about that for which they must write the catalog copy.