What's new

Circuit City launches customer rewards program (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Al!

The CC program is identical to one at Old Navy -- a $5 gift certificate for every $100 spent on an Old Navy credit card (based on a points accumulation system).

My wife thinks THAT'S a great deal! Will have to see what she thinks of the CC deal! ;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
that is a good return, but the last thing i need is another credit card.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
This might be tempting, if CC ever had anything that they advertise at good prices in stock. But they don't, and though they promise to send rain checks when the item comes in, they don't do it, at least not at my local CC. So no point, really, for me.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member

I love how they try to make it sound like the Circuit City one is "free". Getting a new credit card just for a small percentage back is not "free". I also refuse to pay for Best Buy's program. Why pay for something that rewards spending more money? It should be a free card to reward frequent shoppers, not another way for Best Buy to make more money.

GarySchrock

Second Unit
Hmm, I wonder if circuit city is going to drop their old credit cards and replace them with these, or whether they'll have both. It doesn't really seem like the old ones will become the new reward card, because those used to be issued by FNANB and now seem to be Bank One, and this new card is Chase. Tying it to a credit card seems like it'd definitely limit how many people use it. (Of course, it works out well for CC, because if they're charging you 22% interest for their card and you get 5% back on purchases, you aren't winning if you don't pay it off every month, and you know they're counting on that).

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
So can I get a free DIVX movie if I buy a certain number of discs or do repeat viewings on them? ;)

(Yes, this was a joke- don't know why that Ebay link is on there now.)

Users who are viewing this thread