What's new

Circuit City goin outta bizness sale!!!! (1 Viewer)

Kevin*Ha

Agent
List of closing stores:

Brookdale 5900 Shingle Creek Pkwy., Brooklyn Center, Minn.
Cape Girardeau 164 Siemers Drive, Cape Girardeau, Mo.
Cutler Ridge 19825 S. Dixie Hwy., Cutler Ridge, Fla.
Memorial Drive 4572 Memorial Drive, Decatur, Ga.
Delray 1350 Linton Blvd., Delray Beach, Fla.
Akron 2789 W. Market St., Fairlawn, Ohio
Federal Way 34920 Enchanted Pkwy. S., Federal Way, Wash.
Fort Smith 7601 Rogers Ave., Fort Smith, Ark.
Greenspoint 171 N. Sam Houston Pkwy. E., Houston, Texas
Washington 10235 E. Washington St., Indianapolis, Ind.
Kokomo 1012 S. Reed Road, Kokomo, Ind.
Westwood Village 1145 Gayley Ave., Los Angeles, Calif.
Martinsville 233 Commonwealth Blvd. W., Martinsville, Va.
Golf Mill Mall 9215 Greenwood Ave., Niles, Ill.
Northbrook 127 Skokie Blvd., Northbrook, Ill.
Odessa 5171 E. 42nd St., Odessa, Texas
Omaha 885 S. 72nd St., Omaha, Neb.
Topeka 2040 S.W. Wanamaker Road, Topeka, Kan.
Salem Ohio 5114 Salem Ave., Trotwood, Ohio

John S

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Kevin*Ha,

I obviously have single handedly been making the stores in Colorado and/or New Mexico to profitable.. lol

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
The one they are closing here in Georgia is in an area that has been on the the decline for several years now. It is across the street from a prison and is in a rough neighboorhood overall. It comes as no surprise to me whatsoever that they are closing it. I'm surprised they didn't do it sooner.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
I heard on the local news that even though they are closing these stores, they still plan to open like 60 this year??? So maybe just opening in better locations.

RolandM

Stunt Coordinator

Actually from what I know and have seen Open-Box and Demo models (from authorised dealers) ALWAYS carry the full manufacturer's warranty. The store *is* selling them as demo models, because you know they are demos! If you *didn't* know that would be them selling them as if they weren't open box items--and that would also be illegal. The manufacturer doesn't care if they are open-box or demo--only that they are sold by authorised dealers.

Scratch/Dent items on the other hand may not be warranted by a manufacturer if sold as such, but something physically damaged isn't the same as a simple demo or open-box return item that is fully functional.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
Uh oh! There's one closing about 20 minutes drive away. I really don't NEED anything, but I might have to check it out!

Adrian D

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adrian
It's funny you say that George. I scanned the list hoping not to see one in my area. Luckily, there isn't one. It would be hard to avoid the temptation

AaronJB

Second Unit
Anyone still considering going to one of the local sales should skip it. I just got back from the local store that was going out of business and there was hardly anything left. A couple of older model HK receivers were there, the previously mentioned Pioneer and a Sony or two. Some odds & ends speakers were scattered around, a couple of DVD players, a few unexciting TV sets and a handful of digital cams were all that was left - just display models. Prices were alright, but nothing that made me jump on anything.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Hmm AaronJB, that is when I usually do my best work!!!!

Pretty picked over huh? Didn't they just announce this like 3 days ago?

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Bad news update guys.

After you guys talked me into buying the Onkyo, I went back and it was gone!!! It was so wiped out in there just like Aaron said. I couldn't believe it, they even bought the really expensive shit. See it's refund time, and a lot of people got their's this week. I got mine today. But I should have bought that reciever when I saw it the first time.

Oh well, maybe this is a sign to stop buying shit till I get a freaking projector. :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks