Circuit-city Gift Card

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chris Brown, Oct 3, 2002.

1. Chris Brown

Chris Brown Stunt Coordinator

-
    A few months ago, when I was buying my receiver at Circuit City (Pioneer 811s), part of the promotion I got was a $30 gift card and a pair of bookshelf speakers. The guy couldn’t figure out how to get exactly $30 onto the card, so he gave me just over $32. I was so excited about my new receiver that I totally forgot about the gift card that I shoved into the back of my wallet. Then today while looking through my wallet I found it again and it was great, because I totally forgot about it.

Thing is… there isn’t really anything I want to buy at Circuit City. About all I could buy would be one or maybe two DVD’s, or a few CD’s… but I could stretch that money a lot further at a used store (which is where I shop for almost all my media). I would love to be able to pick up 5 or 6 used laserdiscs with that money. I know $32 isn’t much money, but it’s money I don’t have to make an excuse to spend… really it’s like I’ve already spent it.

So now my quest is on to find a way to get rid of this stupid gift card. I’ve already told pretty much anyone I know to tell me if they are planning on buying anything there so I can use the gift card and they can give me some cash… but no guarantee when this would be. Any suggestions? Or is there anything worth buying at Circuit-city for ~$32?

2. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    I doubt they will give you any cash back for the card itself, but perhaps you could purchase something and return it for cash.
    You may want to check Circuit City's website for their return policy.

3. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    I got a deal where I was supposed to get a free $30 gift card from Best Buy for buying a receiver, but since the receiver was a gift I didnt look at the reciept until I was ready to give it all to my mom (the receiver was actually a gift for my brother from my parents). Any way, when I looked at the receipt, I realized they charged me for the card! Well at this point, it was a few weeks later and there was no way I was going to try to explain it to thos morons.

4. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

Buy the Boondock Saints, since it is a great movie and they are one of the few places that sell the DVD. Of course, that'll still give you about $11 to play around with. And if the CC gift card is anything like the Sears gift card, they won't give you any cash back, even if you have .04 left on it.

5. Dan Hine

Dan Hine Screenwriter