What's new

Cingular Cell: How do I copy old sim to new sim? (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
I upgraded my cell and have a question: how I get all of my data from my old phone (sim) to my new phone (sim)...PLMK
:emoji_thumbsup:

Marko Berg

Supporting Actor
Copy the contents of the old SIM to the phone's memory first, then copy the phone's memory to the new SIM. Look for the instructions in your mobile phone's manual.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Can't you just take the sim out of the old phone and put it in the new phone? I thought that was the whole concept behind the SIM's.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member

Yes, but my phone doesn't store the address book on the sim, stores it in the phone unless you copy it to the sim and the new phone from the sim as mentioned.

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
Call a Cingular store and ask them if they can transfer the numbers with their Universal Memory Exchanger (UME).

Takes about 5 minutes.

Also, if your phone is capable, there's a software package out there called Mobile Phone Tools that will allow you to connect your phone to a PC/Laptop via a USB data cable and you can then transfer pictures, phone numbers, and ringtones back and forth from the PC and phone. Or you can use your phone as a wireless modem (counts towards your minutes and you need the data package on your plan)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Um, you dont want to go anywhere near a cell phone store this time of year...its a zoo! :angry:

Gene S

Agent
Just curious. What phone did you get?
I like that new MOTO RAZR V3 thats been all over the tv. Its hard to get past that $500 price point though :eek:

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I do too gene, but I'm with tmobile and would have to switch to cingular to get it.. well, and the matter of $500

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
I needed to upgrade 3 of our phones so we could take advantage of the family plan, so we got 3 of the Moto V220's for free (just a small fee), I need to add another one for the last child... :frowning: isn't technology grande?

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I checked motorola and didn't see anything for download, might look through the menus a little, my sony/ericson can send the contacts to a laptop via bluetooth or infrared with no software required, sends it as a CSV table

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member

That's what I use. It's a great phone... basically a V400 without the bluetooth. For some reason the phone compatabiliy list for Mobile Phone Tools doesn't show it. Hmm...

Do an internet search for Mobile Phone tools and V220 and you might find a copy for download. ;) I'm sure the V400 is covered too... in fact, I'm positive, we've got a user here in the office who has it.

The great thing about the V220 is that there's no special data cable needed. Just go to Best Buy and pick up a USB2 cable and you're all set.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks