Cinerama's South Seas Adventure to blu ray?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by bdzmusicprod, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Timothy E

Timothy E Supporting Actor
    Reviewer

Timothy Ewanyshyn
  2. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer
    Supporter

John Moreland
    I second both those sentiments. :thumbsup:

3. Strohmaier

Strohmaier Stunt Coordinator

DAvid Strohmaier
    Someday all this will be over and I can have my life back!

ahollis likes this.
  4. john a hunter

john a hunter Supporting Actor

And look back with pride on what you have achieved!

JohnMor, Matt Hough and ahollis like this.
  5. Charles Smith

Charles Smith Extremely Talented Member
    Supporter

Charles Smith
    Seriously.

6. Strohmaier

DAvid Strohmaier
    GuysNext year at UKs National Media Museum's Widescreen Weekend event -April 10-13th- We will have the European premiere of Seven Wonders of the World and also Search For Paradise.perhaps even Fortress of Peace as well.I took some video of last years showing of the Cinerama Holiday premiere on the full 146 degree screen.Smilebox works on both curved or flat screens.it may take a while to load up:http://www.davidstrohmaier.com/TEST/Smilebox%20BrafordiPad%20and%20iPhone%204.m4v

7. Strohmaier

DAvid Strohmaier
    There is a terrific company called Image Trends that was critical in these 3 panel restorations.They have been super dedicated in helping to get these projects done and done right. They have even invented new software and gone way above the call of duty in every department. Check the restoration credits out at the end of each film for the names, they are all Cinerama heroes in my book.Dave

ahollis likes this.
  8. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen
    And there we'll be many, including myself, that are thankful for your time, energy, and love that was involved. This goes for everyone that had a part in bringing these historical records to light again in such glorious condition.

9. Strohmaier

DAvid Strohmaier
    Okkeep it up guys I may get my 15 minutes of fame yet!

10. bigshot

bigshot Cinematographer

Stephen
    I could use the Odorama card from John Waters' Polyester, but the title would have to be changed to "Stench of Mystery"!

11. WadeM

WadeM Supporting Actor

Okay, your review pushed me over the edge & I just blind bought the latest 2 releases in this series. If I enjoy them, then I'll go back & get the 1st two.

12. Timothy E

Timothy E Supporting Actor
    Reviewer

Timothy Ewanyshyn
  13. haineshisway

haineshisway Producer

Bruce
    As Strohmaier knows, Scent of Mystery is a personal passion of mine, ever since seeing it at the Ritz Theater in Los Angeles in Smell-O-Vision. It is indelibly printed on my cranium. I issued the soundtrack on CD a few years ago and the booklet is in Smell-O-Vision :) (if you have it, you know why the smiley face is there). I have the transfer already and Dave did amazing work on it - he may have done more since letting me have it. The only pity is that Holiday in Spain is not exactly Scent of Mystery. Scent of Mystery was shorn of about twenty-four minutes to become Holiday in Spain and in order to make sense of all the narrative leaps that the cutting caused, Denholm Elliot was brought back to add very bad narration - the intermission, one of the best intermission lead-ins EVER, was moved much earlier and is not even a shadow of what it once was. I can't remember if Dave restored the original intermission spot - I told him where it was. I also let him borrow my program for the film. Sadly, they never did proper poster material on this film, a real shame. All that exists are window cards (like Broadway show cards - same size) - one hangs in my kitchen. I may have to watch it again soon. :)

14. Doug Bull

Doug Bull Advanced Member

Doug Bull
    What a magnificent job.

I never ever thought I'd ever get to see these Cinerama classics again and in such stupendous quality.

"Search for Paradise" was always my favourite. (Mainly for it's thundering and at times most sublime Dimitri Tiomkin Score)

"Seven Wonders Of The World" was also a favourite. (Jerome Moross' contribution to that score made it special)

Thank you so much David for making them available again for all to enjoy, but especially for those of us who were lucky enough to be part of the unforgettable experience some 50 plus years ago.

I for one, am eternally grateful for all of your hard work.(including compiling all of the invaluable extras right through to the Smile-Box presentation)

Be assured that every one of your treasured releases will be given pride of place on the top shelf inside my Blu-Ray cabinet.

tickets6.jpg
    My original ticket envelope.

Doug.

15. AnthonyClarke

AnthonyClarke Screenwriter

Anthony
    Small world indeed, Doug ....
    Much shorter trip home for you, exiting at North Brighton .. I had to stay on the same line until Hampton and exit there .. unless I fell asleep and had to walk home from Sandringham!
    Maybe we were on the same train. If so, we could have commented on the coincidence of us both being in this same forum more than 50 YEARS LATER!

16. Doug Bull

Doug Bull Advanced Member

Doug Bull
    Hey Anthony, if you didn't make it all the way to the City to see Cinerama's "South Seas Adventure" you might have just walked up the street to your local Hoyts Cinema in Hampton and enjoyed seeing the latest 20th Century Fox feature instead.
    hampton st.jpg
    There she is mate, possibly quite a few years before you frequented it.
    These days it's a Safeway supermarket. (just how many Cinemas worldwide ended up as Supermarkets?)

Doug.