What's new

Cinerama's South Seas Adventure to blu ray? (1 Viewer)

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
I agree with Allen, sadly it's very unlikely that Warners will commit to doing another HTWWW type restoration on this one as it doesn't have the same $$$ return potential.

But who knows, stranger things have happened before.

Quote: "On another note, were all of y'all's ordered from Flicker?"
Mine's with Amazon and there's no movement there yet.

Doug.
tickets1.jpg

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Just received SOUTH SEAS ADVENTURE and CINERAMA HOLIDAY. I cannot wait to get home tonight. Don't think I will even answer the door for the trick-or-treaters tonight.

Timothy E

Reviewer
Real Name
Timothy Ewanyshyn
ahollis said:
Just received SOUTH SEAS ADVENTURE and CINERAMA HOLIDAY. I cannot wait to get home tonight. Don't think I will even answer the door for the trick-or-treaters tonight.
Tricks for you then! ;)

Seriously, though, you are in for a treat. I have been working on my reviews for both titles over the last few days and there is much to like about these releases.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
There is not much that can be said for SOUTH SEAS ADVENTURE and CINERAMA HOLIDAY except OUTSTANDING. David S., you and your team did an fantastic job. The picture is full of detail and the color is wonderful. Sound is spot on with the scores by Alex North and Morton Gould enchanting and exciting, from the overtures to exit music. I hope y'all are working on the last two titles, SEVEN WONDERS OF THE WORLD and SEARCH FOR PARADISE. I have heard differing news points on the shape of the elements for those two titles and also RUSSIAN ADVENTURE.

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
I have seen Russian Adventure in Digital on the Cinerama screen at Bradford it looked excellent.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
ahollis said:
There is not much that can be said for SOUTH SEAS ADVENTURE and CINERAMA HOLIDAY except OUTSTANDING. David S., you and your team did an fantastic job. The picture is full of detail and the color is wonderful. Sound is spot on with the scores by Alex North and Morton Gould enchanting and exciting, from the overtures to exit music.I hope y'all are working on the last two titles, SEVEN WONDERS OF THE WORLD and SEARCH FOR PARADISE. I have heard differing news points on the shape of the elements for those two titles and also RUSSIAN ADVENTURE.
did my "little" south seas vacation yesterday after I got home from work, just beautiful, and I am waiting to see what flicker alley will release next.

by the way if you order when they announce and get the pre order price its cheaper than amazon

Strohmaier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Strohmaier
Status updateSeven Wonders is finished, were working on Search for Paradise right now and its about half way done.Seven Wonders Trl:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e360zRfLKQHoliday in Spain ("Scent of Mystery" is finished)see trailer at:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OIhwCbBO8MWe did Golden head about 2 years ago, technirama neg was in great shape so it was an easy job. No trailer yetWere also working on Fortress of Peace a 70mm Cinerama short.Dave

DP 70

Screenwriter
Real Name
Derek
Thanks David excellent trailers also seeing a Todd-AO film in Smilebox.

Strohmaier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Strohmaier
Well its as beautiful as we can get it with faded eastman color 70mm print sources (used for over half of Holiday In Spain remaster.Seven Wonders had a full 20 minutes missing in the negs. so it had to come from Library of Congress faded eastman color 3 panel print sources.None of these remasterings or in some cases restorations are from any kind of studio vaulted/stored elements. So any work on them is certainly a rough go. Flesh tones are a bear!

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Oh, good. Now I'll finally have a copy of Seven Wonders to go with the program my brother got when he saw it in original release in San Francisco back when.

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
Don't make us wait as long as we did for these two current blurays... we're impatient!

Will scene of mystery have information on how we can recreate smell o vision?

Strohmaier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Strohmaier
Release dates are not up to me but the distributors.I would think scratch and sniff cards could be created for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks