What's new

Cinerama's South Seas Adventure to blu ray? (1 Viewer)

Strohmaier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Strohmaier
There will be some kind of a festival for the Domes 50th Birthday, no set dates yet.

alistairKerr

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alistair
Ordered here too - hope the Blus are multi-region, as the first two Cinerama ones were. Otherwise I'm stumped.
Alistair

Update: Just heard from Flicker Alley that these will indeed be multi-region blu-rays!

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Dave you really know how to keep a secret. Ordered but going to be hard to wait until October. But I will. Thanks.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
Very good news indeed. 2 more must-buys for me.

Also, much like The Most Dangerous Game last year, it seems Flicker Alley is also offering another previous Criterion DVD title on blu-ray: Nanook of the North.

Bill Huelbig

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bill Huelbig
Just pre-ordered both. These were two I didn't see at the Dome last year. I saw 5 Cinerama films that weekend, but I had to get some sightseeing in there too. Can't wait to see them.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Pre-ordering both. I rarely blind buy, but since there are only a handful of these films and you guys are doing a marvelous job with limited resources I definitely want to support your efforts.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Flicker Alley's freight price to Australia is far too high when compared to most other online retailers.

I'll most definitely order them both, but I'll wait and go through Amazon again, as I did with the previous 2.
Comparison:
FA= $35
Amazon = $6.97

I fully support the outstanding effort that has been put into these discs and have no complaints about the actual disc cost, it's just the freight that is of concern, especially when you are on a tight budget.

tickets1.jpg

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Now that we got SOUTH SEAS ADVENTURE and CINERAMA HOLIDAY coming in October. What about SEVEN WONDERS THE WORLD?

rsmithjr

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert Smith
ahollis said:
Now that we got SOUTH SEAS ADVENTURE and CINERAMA HOLIDAY coming in October. What about SEVEN WONDERS THE WORLD?
The last two, Seven Wonders of the World and Search for Paradise, are being readied and we hope to see them released next year, according to the Cinerama folks.

Here are some notes about the work, which I think has now been completed. Seven Wonders was especially difficult because the original negatives had been repurposed at some point.

http://www.in70mm.com/news/2013/wonders/index.htm

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
rsmithjr said:
The last two, Seven Wonders of the World and Search for Paradise, are being readied and we hope to see them released next year, according to the Cinerama folks.Here are some notes about the work, which I think has now been completed. Seven Wonders was especially difficult because the original negatives had been repurposed at some point. http://www.in70mm.com/news/2013/wonders/index.htm
Excellent. I saw SEVEN WONDERS advertised for a screening and the trailer looks fantastic. Figured it would be in 2014.

Strohmaier

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Strohmaier
Seven Wonders is finished as of mid May. It came out better than I had ever expected thanks to some new Boris software,the Library of Congress and Image Trends. Hopefully a blu ray release will follow in the fall of 2014.We plan to show it on the Cinerama screen at Bradford's "Widescreen Weekend" next spring along with Search for Paradise.There may even be a screening in San Diego sometime this August or September.Dave

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Thanks Dave for you and your teams love and hard work on these films. I thought I would never see any of these titles and now due to this project I am able to.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
OUCH!
A few days ago I put both "Cinerama Holiday" and "South Seas Adventure" into my Amazon basket at around $28 each, today when I went to finalise at the Amazon checkout they are now priced at $35.99 each.
That's a big jump up in price. :(

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Doug Bull said:
OUCH!
A few days ago I put both "Cinerama Holiday" and "South Seas Adventure" into my Amazon basket at around $28 each, today when I went to finalise at the Amazon checkout they are now priced at $35.99 each.
That's a big jump up in price. :(
They are $30 each at flickeralley.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks