Cinerama theatres

Discussion in 'Movies' started by RolandL, Apr 24, 2004.

1. RolandL

RolandL Producer

Roland Lataille
    For those of you interested in Cinerama, in the past few months I have been updating and correcting the information and links for the list of Cinerama theatres -
    http://cinerama.topcities.com/ctcineramatheatres.htm . A few of the theatres listed were built to show 70mm Cinerama but never did. If you find any that need to be updated or corrected, please let me know.

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Our resident Cinerama expert, Mr. Peter Kline, would be your best resource.

3. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

Roland knows more about the exhibition and distribution of Cinerama (real and pseudo) then moi. There were a lot of 70mm "Cinerama" films distributed overseas that were never shown in the single projector format here. Roland's site is very informative.

4. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

Roland,

One small correction. You list Seattle's Martin Cinerama as "closed 1991" and "demolished". I can assure you the theater is currently operational, and in beautiful condition. 3-strip capability was restored in 1999.

I've personally seen HTWWW, TIC, Windjammer, Search for Paradise, Cinerama Adventure, all 3 LOTR films, all 5 Star Wars films, Alien in 70mm, Lawrence in 70mm, Bridge over River Kwai in 70mm, Contact, Signs, Fifth Element, Jurassic Park, Titanic, Blade Runner, Taxi Driver, Dr. Strangelove, Blood Simple, Raging Bull, Fearless, ResFest (digital film festival), plus dozens of SIFF (Seattle International Film Festival) films at the Cinerama in the last decade. Kill Bill #2 is now playing.