What's new

Cinerama theatres (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
For those of you interested in Cinerama, in the past few months I have been updating and correcting the information and links for the list of Cinerama theatres -
http://cinerama.topcities.com/ctcineramatheatres.htm . A few of the theatres listed were built to show 70mm Cinerama but never did. If you find any that need to be updated or corrected, please let me know.

Peter Kline

Senior HTF Member
Roland knows more about the exhibition and distribution of Cinerama (real and pseudo) then moi. There were a lot of 70mm "Cinerama" films distributed overseas that were never shown in the single projector format here. Roland's site is very informative.

Rob Gardiner

Senior HTF Member
Roland,

One small correction. You list Seattle's Martin Cinerama as "closed 1991" and "demolished". I can assure you the theater is currently operational, and in beautiful condition. 3-strip capability was restored in 1999.

I've personally seen HTWWW, TIC, Windjammer, Search for Paradise, Cinerama Adventure, all 3 LOTR films, all 5 Star Wars films, Alien in 70mm, Lawrence in 70mm, Bridge over River Kwai in 70mm, Contact, Signs, Fifth Element, Jurassic Park, Titanic, Blade Runner, Taxi Driver, Dr. Strangelove, Blood Simple, Raging Bull, Fearless, ResFest (digital film festival), plus dozens of SIFF (Seattle International Film Festival) films at the Cinerama in the last decade. Kill Bill #2 is now playing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks