Cinerama road shows coming back to the Dome

Strohmaier

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
David Strohmaier
Hi all

Some exciting news from the Cinerama Dome!

Relive the traditional road show experience: giant curved screen, overtures, intermissions, programs and more!

our TCM Dome announcement trailer:
http://www.davidstrohmaier.com/Trailers/Dome festival.m4v

Schedule of classic Cinerama roadshows shows

Battle of Bulge (1965)
Monday Sept. 2 at 7:30 PM
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xScffUzg9js&t=79s

Windjammer (1958)
Tuesday Sept. 9 at 5 PM
Trailer:
also on Sept. 9th at 8:45 PM
Seven Wonders of the World (1956)
Trailer:
2001 Space Odyssey - (1968) 70mm with special guest
Monday Sept. 16th 8:45 PM
Trailer:
Grand Prix (1966)
Sunday Sept. 22nd at 7:30 PM
Trailer:
It's A Mad, Mad, Mad World (1963) with special guests
Sunday Sept. 29th at 7:30 PM
Trailer:
How The West Was Won (1963) in 3-strip Cinerama
Tuesday Oct.1 at 7:30 PM with special guest
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsaLOR8LNwc

Lawrence of Arabia (1962)
Wed Oct. 2 at 7:30 PM
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFAkWNiETrg

for tickets and information visit Arclight Presents:
www.arclightcinemas.com/en/locations/los-angeles/hollywood/showtimes/?ItemId={4D3EE2D0-2337-4C56-A103-B5CA6FB924D9}

Josh Steinberg

Executive Producer
Reviewer
Reaction score
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Very cool! Hope this becomes an annual tradition.

Reactions: MatthewA

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Reaction score
Real Name
Charles Smith
Wait.

Lawrence?

Will that be the whole deluxe 3D Cinerama version?

diverdave

Extra
Reaction score
Real Name
David Hale
Excellent! I am planning my annual California vacation, and need to plan around Lawrence!

PMF

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Philip
What a fantastic line-up !!!:thumbs-up-smiley:

NOTE: I wanted to give a "Likes" to this announcement, but the icon to do so is missing.

diverdave

Extra
Reaction score
Real Name
David Hale
Excellent! I am planning my annual California vacation, and need to plan around Lawrence!
I had to replan a bit, but am now booked to see How the West Was Won and Lawrence of Arabia.

I saw Mad World last year (would love to see it again), but couldn't move the dates early enough to see it or any of the others.

Looking forward to some quality presentations on the big screen!

David

diverdave

Extra
Reaction score
Real Name
David Hale
I was able to attend HTWWW and Lawrence of Arabia. Both were memorable, and thank you so much to Pacific Theatres and to Dave and his team for the presentations.

I laughed a bit before the HTWWW presentation - an audience member was griping very loudly that the print was old. Well of course it's an older print, there's only three theatres in the world that can show it. We're lucky to have the one!

I especially enjoyed the presentation of HTWWW, since as far as I can remember it is my first three strip Cinerama presentation. My thanks to Dave for the educational talk before starting the movie - I simply had no idea of the physical complexity of a presentation with three prints and three projectors.

I also enjoyed Lawrence. It was a beautiful presentation on a big screen with great audio. To me it is always worth seeing a classic in a theater, as you don't have any distractions like at home and get to concentrate on the movie.

Although I know it is difficult to make plans due to the Covid19 tragedy that is happening, I am hopeful that things will return to normal perhaps over the summer. I hope there are plans for another festival this fall!

David

Reactions: Osato

Garysb

Producer
Reaction score
I loved seeing HTWWW at the Dome several years ago. This was my only experience seeing 3 panel Cinerama in a theater. The feeling of motion when the camera moves is a unique experience. I have the smilebox blu ray of the film from its initial blu ray release. While in no way can it compare to seeing the film at the Dome, it is at least a representation of how the film should be seen. Always surprised that the smilebox version wasn't included in subsequent releases of the blu ray . When Warner Bros went to release a single version of the film that should have been the smilebox version. I believe TCM showed the smilebox version once or twice when the blu ray came out but since then the smilebox verson has not been broadcast. I guess smilebox takes too much explanation and people would think they got a defective disk or that something was wrong with the TV channel that broadcast it.

Last edited:
Reactions: diverdave

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alberto Gilbert