What's new

Cinepro now offering their Pre Amp processor (1 Viewer)

Miles_W

Second Unit
Todd, It looks like a nice piece, I am especially impressed by the video bandwidth... component is listed at 500mhz...
ps Todd the link doesn't work because of the frames... edit it to just reflect Link Removed

ToddJoseph

Stunt Coordinator
FEATURES:
DTS DTS-ES DTS-Neo 7 DTS LOGIC 7
Dolby EX 6 Dolby EX 7
Dolby Pro-Logic II Pro-Logic II EX. Dolby Stereo
Full DVD-Audio and SACD 7.1 pass through with BASS MANAGEMENT
Broadcast Quality Video switching featuring 500mHz video switches for HDTV Component switching.
11 Audio inputs
7 S-VHS Video inputs
7 Composite Video inputs
2 Component Video inputs
8 State of the Art digitally controlled Analogue Volume controls for superb sound quality
AM/FM Tuner built in
10 station tuner presets on front panel or remote control
Direct Access inputs on front panel and remote
Zone 2 audio outputs for sound in a second room of the house
Widows based first time comprehensive setup via RS232 port
All functions, once set are stored in non-volatile memory.
"Panic" button on remote resets all functions to original settings.
Wonderfully musical "Music 7" mode for natural, room filling sound from two channel sources.
Full Home Automation control via RS-232 port.
Fully upgradeable in both hardware and software.
Absolute cutting edge audio and video signal performance.
Go to Cinepro.com and press on the NEW link on the left and the new processor pops up
http://

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
That looks like a pretty nice piece, but

"Panic" button on remote resets all functions to original settings.
I would think you'd be panicking if you accidentaly hit this. Does anyone ever reset all their functions on any device enough to justify having this button the remote?

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Is it only me that thinks it bares a striking resemblance to the Lexicon MC-12?

Patrick

Mifr44

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
"Is it only me that thinks it bares a striking resemblance to the Lexicon MC-12?"

Yeah, that topic has been raised before and refuted by Cinepro and others. Of a more interesting nature, and being discussed over at SMR, is the fact that the web page lists DTS LOGIC 7 as a feature. Lexicon has denied licensing Logic 7 to Cinepro, so it seems an explanation is expected. Some of the other modes, like DPL II EX, do not make sense.

Michael

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
What I want to see is a head-to-head comparison of Cinepro's new pre/pro to some of its competitors as well as some pieces above and below it in terms of price/performance. Integra RDC-7, Tag-32, Lex MC-12, Classe SSP-25 and 75, etc.

I'd love to see this piece perform admirably because it seems to have most of what I'd want in a pro/pro - but I have no idea how it sounds yet (can't wait 'til it's available).

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
If their Pre/Pro is as good as their amplifiers, it will be a damned good product.

I expect no less from Cinepro then a damned good product.

Regards,

W

Will

Hi John!

While you're at CES will you be able to ask them

what Logic 7 does in the Cinepro pre/pro? Also,

might we expect a review of this "damned good product"

in the future, for Secrets of Home Theater?

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Will,
They have to deliver up to the expectations for it to be "damned good".
If memory serves me correctly, they are using Crystal Semiconductor DSPs which has their implementation of "Logic 7" -- but I will talk with them at CES.
I have already requested a review sample, its a matter of availibility of a finished product. From there, it takes me about 6 weeks to do the configuration, testing, listening and talk with the manufacturer about what I find. It takes another week to write it up, and about another week while my peer editors review to make sure I haven't totally botched some of my writing ;)
So figure 2 months from when I receive it until a review is published. I try not to talk about something in detail until the review is submitted.
Regards,

joe logston

Stunt Coordinator
i like to have one of there gold cinepro 3k6-3 six channel amp. for my yamaha rx-v1 gold receiver i know that it haves a good prossecer matter a fact it haves the besti know it will go good with the yamaha, thank you, joe

Frank Frandsen

Stunt Coordinator
The Specs look nice and the price is competitive. I will reserve final judgement until a listen and some reviews come out. Making Amps is alot different than making a decent Pre/pro. It still looks eerily like a MC-12, however.

Frank

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Frank,
It's only on the outside that it bears a resemblance to the MC-12, and that with the arrangement of buttons. The two-tone (Dark Gray / Light Grey) panel has been on Cinepro's amplifiers for a number of years.
The Cinepro utilizes Motorla DSPs (and possibly Crystal Semis as well for Music-7) Lexicon uses Crystal Semiconductor and Analog Devices DSPs. The Cinepro analog stage is spec'd quieter than the Lexicon.
In addition, it's selling for less than half the price of the MC-12.
Earlier, someone posted it contained "Logic 7", it does not. It has DTS Neo-7 and DTS Matrix-7, Not Logic-7.
Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks