What's new

Cinenova Grande vs Classe (1 Viewer)

Mike Butny

Stunt Coordinator
Im looking to buy a new 5 or 3 channel amp in the upcoming months and I was thinking about the Cinenova Grande or the Classe cav 180. The Cinenova is rated at 300 watts per channel and the Classe is rated at 180 watts. Both are priced at $4000.00 but probably could be had for less.Im currently using a Marantz sr18 receiver with two Marantz Ma700 monoblocks rated at 200watts powering my front left and right speakers . My speakers consist of B&W N805s for the left and right,a B&W Htm2 center speaker, and Jamo THX dipolar rears. My sub is the great Mirage BPS400. Does anyone own these amps? How do you think they would soung with my speakers? What pre-pro would go with these amps and speakers?

Thanks

Roger Kaufmann

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

I have been using the Cinenova 5 channel for over 2 years with my B&W Matrix 805's,I use 3 for the front 3 channels. You really can't go wrong with the Cinenova, once I installed it I was amazed at how much more detail I could hear with my 48 year old ears. Also, you are correct the street price is signifigantly lower than the $4000+ list price.

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I ditto Roger's thoughts! I had a Parasound 2005a and a Citation 7.1 and 5.1. the cinenova Grande 5 channel bested all these amps in detail, control of bass, and the signal to noise ratio. I was really blown away by the shipping crate:laugh: This amp is comparable to amps and twice the cost to coin a cliche. You would be hard pressed to tell the difference in a blind test with a Theta amp.
you can't go wrong with either one but for the money I'd take the CG.
Steve

Yogi

Screenwriter
My vote goes for Classe. Smoother, more refined overall sound. Cinenova is a brute no doubt but can be analytical and forward sounding esp at loud volumes, that is to my ears. I would go with Classe. They sound absolutely stunning mated with B&Ws. I am sure others would disagree but then no two of us listen the same so the best thing, if possible, is to listen to both in your setup and then decide.

Roger Kaufmann

Stunt Coordinator
Really the beauty of having so many choices these days is to find a combination that you like and that is really what it's all about.Yogi is right, I'm right etc.... Bottom line is you are the one that will own the combination so audition as much as you can and then make your decision. Heck good chance it won't be either the Classe or the Cinenova.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks