What's new

Cinderella II - any reviews? (1 Viewer)

derek

Second Unit
Well Best Buy has this $16.99 w/ free $5 gift card this week. The only review I could find was dvdfile.com and basically they said the story/animation was weak though technically the disc was good. Sounds like Disney again just trying to capitalize on another franchise movie. Remeber 'Return of Jafar?' *ugh* *shrugs* Any opinions?

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Here's another review that basically hated it.
http://www.currentfilm.com/dvdreview...rella2dvd.html
My 8-year old daughter wants to see this, so I may get it anyway on the BestBuy deal, and then I can probably sell it later if she has no interest in watching it again. There always seems to be market for Disney's stuff, even when it's garbage.

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Supporting Actor
I haven't seen it, but the trailers on TV sure look like garbage. The animation is pure Saturday-morning quality. This DTV-sequel Di$ney thing really tightens my colon.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
It's hard to compare the sequel to the original when I haven't even seen the original in years, and won't for several a few more on DVD. Darn Disney.

Robyn Young

Stunt Coordinator
I dunno. I kinda liked it. I don't know if I'd buy it, but it was okay. It was a little dis-jointed as far as what was going on, but I can't say by any strech that I hated it.

The movie was mainly driven by the mice, and there were 3 little stories in the movie. I couldn't figure out after the first story what else there could possibly be, but when I got into it, I thought that it was okay. Granted, I don't have kids, so I have no idea how they would react, but I've seen worse come out of Disney.

robyn

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
ALERT!!
While the original Cinderella remains on deep moritorium as far as a DVD and/or VHS release is concerned, ABC-TV will be airing it THIS SUNDAY (March 3) at 7:00 PM EST.
Whatever the form of that presentation, it's still sure to be better than this drab sequel (which really feels like the first three episodes of a possible Cinderella Saturday morning TV series.)

Steven L

Stunt Coordinator
I agree that the animation is Saturday Morning quality - I was disappointed by it. On the other hand, my 5-year old daughter liked the stories a lot and I heard her laughing many times throughout, so for me, it is definately worth the purchase. I'm sure the movie will be played many many times in my house.

Ryan L B

Supporting Actor
Sorry if this is off topic, but why is it that Disney always seems to put the craptacular DTV sequal on DVD when we all want to see the much superior original.

Gary Harris

Stunt Coordinator
I watched bits & pieces of it & it seemed all right in a harmless kind of way. But the critics that counted (my 4 & 6 yr. old granddaughters) gave it two thumbs way up! They watched it, loved every minute & then demanded to watch it again. They're hardcore Cinderella fans. So I guess for the target audience, it's a hit.

Tony Stark

Stunt Coordinator
Its a great babysitter for $11.99 at BB last week ($16.99-$5 g/c). No cries here....em I mean complaints here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks