What's new

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Yet another adaptation of the classic fairy tale Cinderella by Charles Perrault, Kay Cannon’s jukebox musical arrives on Blu-ray from Sony Pictures Home Entertainment.

Cinderella (2021)

Released: 03 Sep 2021
Rated: PG
Runtime: 113 min

Director: Kay Cannon
Genre: Comedy, Family, Fantasy

Cast: Camila Cabello, Billy Porter, Nicholas Galitzine
Writer(s): Kay Cannon

Plot: A modern movie musical with a bold take on the classic fairy tale. Our ambitious heroine has big dreams and with the help of her fab Godmother, she perseveres to make them come true.

IMDB rating: 4.2
MetaScore: 41

Disc Information

Studio: Sony
Distributed By: N/A
Video Resolution: 1080P/AVC

Aspect Ratio:...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I agree with your review. Truthfully, I have not seen the full film, but the clips I have seen are atrocious. Just my thoughts and not negative to others different thoughts

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
This is obviously an effort to bring an beloved oldie back to life yet again and out-Disney Disney, using (terrible) contemporary songs and plastic, generic pop singers, poorly-written dialog, unfunny in-jokes, blazing colors, staccato editing, and elaborate, au courant dance numbers, changing the plot lines to stunningly corrupt the original story in an effort to be "hip."

I, too, had to abandoned this before I finished watching it.

Exerable film.

Stick with the Branagh version from a few years back.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I started out kind of cringing, but un-clenched and ended up getting a real kick out of it. Still, not sure I'll ever be inclined to watch it again. It is clearly intended to be absurdly anachronistic. I do have some recollection of the heavy auto tune though.

usrunnr

Writer
Real Name
usrunnr
I saw Leslie Anne Warren in the musical "110 In the Shade" many (many) years ago. She was charming and outstanding. She still is. Also Julie Andrews in "Cinderella" when it was first broadcast (my television was set up in my covered wagon) and much later at a special showing at the Academy of Television Artists (or whatever they call it). That is my favorite, although Brandy brought much beauty and charm to her version as well. They all have their good points, But it sounds like from the above posts, that this new one has nothing going for it, not even Billy Porter. Really? Not even Billy Porter? I'll wait a while to view it.

marcco00

Supporting Actor
Real Name
marc
This is my fav version of the story.Lesley is very sweet and charming.Good songs.
Agreed! my all time favorite Rogers and Hammerstein musical, and one of my favorite versions of Cinderella. everything a filmed fairy tale adaption should be.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks