What's new

Cincinnati Bell Fioptics Dolby Digital Questions (1 Viewer)

CCT10

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony Traficant
I am in the process of turning an attic into a Home Theater and Cincinnati Bell Fioptics is the cable provider I have. I am using an Entone cable box that has an HDMI out and an optical out. Currently I can only get the Dolby Digital to convert properly using the optical directly out of the cable box into the receiver. Also the cable box will only run at 1080i. Using the TV optical output Netflix, Amazon Video and Rabbit ears will convert to Dolby Digital with no issues but when I try using the TV optical out on the cable box it will not switch over to Dolby Digital. Does anyone know if I need to adjust the settings on the cable box to get this to work? My receiver only has (1) optical input so if I cannot fix this I will have to physically switch the cable or find a 2 to 1 adapter. Which leads me to my final question... If I need to use an adapter which one do you recommend?

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Most TVs will not pass the signal through to the receiver. The optical out only passes surround for sound generated by the TV. Everything else gets converted to stereo.

For the 1080i question, are you looking for the box to pass 720p as well (keeping the channels native)? If so, that is probably a setting in the box. Do you have access to the manual?

CCT10

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony Traficant
Most TVs will not pass the signal through to the receiver. The optical out only passes surround for sound generated by the TV. Everything else gets converted to stereo.

For the 1080i question, are you looking for the box to pass 720p as well (keeping the channels native)? If so, that is probably a setting in the box. Do you have access to the manual?

Dolby Digital from the TV - That makes sense

Cable Box - I have tried to get the owners manual and they won't provide me with one. Eventually I will have a tech come out and see if he can get it to 1080p. On the website they say it will run 1080p so it is a little odd.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
There are no stations that broadcast in 1080p. They may upconvert the 1080i or 720p to 1080p. I personally wouldn't do it anyway. The converter in your TV is probably better.

They may send on-demand or pay per view movies at 1080p.

CCT10

Auditioning
Real Name
Tony Traficant
That makes more sense. Thank you

How do I get the TV to move it to 1080p? Right now if I push "Info" it say it is running at 1080i and 60HZ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks