Cicuit City ROCKS!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jim A. Banville, Dec 24, 2002.

1. Jim A. Banville

Jim A. Banville Supporting Actor

I took an 8 year old Sony 32" TV to Circuit City for repair about a month ago. They contacted me that it was ready and would be $150. I went to the store, but they couldn't find it! Then then found a note that it may have been sent back to the repair dept. in Atlanta. They said they'd give me a new TV since they seem to have "lost" our old set. I walked out the door with a brand new $500 Sony 32" flatscreen for only $150!!! I love you Circuit City [​IMG]

2. AdamM

AdamM Extra

I purchased a laptop at Circuit City. It died, I sent it to the manufacturer. I got it back, it died, I sent it off. I got it back and it had a slower processor in it. I was very upset. I called Circuit City and said this is not your problem but I wanted to check with you before I send it off a third time. The manager said bring it in with the documentation from the times you sent it off. I gave them the laptop and the info. They gave me full credit and told me to pick out a new laptop. This was 6 months after the purchase. I am a very loyal Circuit City customer. [​IMG]

3. RayJK

RayJK Stunt Coordinator

Circuit City has to do something to make up for the evil of divx that they tried to foist on the public. I still don't shop there for that reason alone.

4. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

That is awesome you guys. I would say there doing a damn good job to make up for divx so far. Now if only they would just give free laptops and tvs to customers named Brett Hancock...

5. Scott Oliver

Scott Oliver Screenwriter

I don't know if it rocks but I had a good experience with their add-on warranty deal.

Bought the H/K Signature 2.0 processor from them 4 years ago for $2300 but got it with 9 months no interest financing. Only way I could afford such a purchase at the time. So paid it off in the nine months but the processor kept breaking down. Went through three different processors in less than a year. Finally decided to say I quit after a salesperson offered me a full cash refund. So after having semi ownership of this processor for about year although a working processor was only in my house for maybe 7 months out of 11, one day I walked out of the store with $2300 in cash.

This allowed me to get a much better processor at a dealer that offered no such financing deals, and which I would have never been able to afford otherwise. Thank you Circuit City.

6. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Great story, Jim. Congratulations.

Anyone here remember when Circuit City was Dixie HiFi? They used to stock high-end components in those days (separate turntables and tonearms, Dynaco preamps and amps, really good speaker systems, etc.).

I just bought some speaker stands from Circuit City.