Chunk vrs Solid tuna.

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jay H, May 30, 2003.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Mon Dieu! For somereason I had a tin of chunk tuna in the cupboard last night and decided to eat it. Now I know why I never buy chunk tuna (Star Kist brand). It looked like it was pureed in a blender and then steamrolled. My parents used to buy chunk tuna many years ago and you'd find little chunks of fish and little pieces of tuna, much like some delimeats but this was like coffee grinds! you couldn't find one piece larger than a grain of rice. It was horrible! Sheesh, remember never to buy chunk tuna again, thank you very much!

Jay

2. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Solid tuna is so easy to mince, anyway. By the way, the preferred tuna here in SoCal is Bumblebee solid white packed in water.

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I would be suspect of any meat sold in a can. [​IMG]

4. StephenK

StephenK Stunt Coordinator

I must do this......

"NO BONES!" - Nigel Tufnel

5. Eric_E

Eric_E Supporting Actor

[​IMG] I just had this discussion with my friend the other day. I guess I'm a tuna snob - I hate the chunk light stuff too. It's just a disgusting pulpy mess of shredded nastiness. It's too funny you mentioned this because I was just watching my Family Guy DVDs last night and I watched the episode where Stewie tells Lois "Here's 50 cents. Next time you're out shopping why don't you splurge on a tin of solid white albacore?!"

6. andrew markworthy

I agree that the 'slushy' tuna is pretty revolting by itself, but mixed with mayo or other ingredients it's great in sandwiches where you need a smooth consistency. Using tuna chunks for that sort of thing would be sacriledge.