chungking express

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by felix_suwarno, Jul 12, 2002.

1. felix_suwarno

felix_suwarno Screenwriter

the sound was really bad, but the movie was goooood.

but i dont understand the "ending" of the first story. what happened, really? is there anybody here who could explain me what happened?

i love the second story. girls, rent this movie!

2. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

This would receive better responses in the movies area.

I am not clear about the ending to the first story either. I assume that the girl and the white man had a relationship in the past, and she was angered or jealous by his fling with the bartendar who pretened to be her.

~T

3. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

I do remember a lot of expired pineapples and the spirit of two ships missing in the night.

Outside of this, I'll have to revisit this film. Which I'm happy to do, since I've now got this gem on dvd.

4. felix_suwarno

peter kim, please let me know about the ending of the first story. i really didnt get it at all. it was like "the cop has a girl in his apartment now, and she is a killer !" i dont think it is that simple, but i have a bad habit of missing poetic detail in a movie since i am such an innocent bastard.heheheh

5. Peter Kim

Peter Kim Screenwriter

I'll give it my best shot, felix. At least, I'll try and watch the first half again by tomorrow, Sunday (not sure if you're here in the states or in Jakarta).
    One thing I remember having more trouble with is how the two seemingly disparate halves relate to each other. Both involve cops who's love lives have fallen away. Beyond that, I guess now I'll have to watch the entire film, come to think it.
    Damn you, felix, damn you...I really wanted to spend some time in the sun today. [​IMG]

6. felix_suwarno

i live in chicago. and i love movies!!!