Chuck Woolery and Lingo

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Greg_S_H, Jan 6, 2004.

1. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    To anyone who watches Lingo on the Game Show Network, does Chuck Woolery look ill to you? He looks alarmingly thin to me, especially since he looks pretty hefty on the Greed reruns that air on Saturdays (which are from '99-'00). According to the IMDb, he had major heart surgery, but that was way back in '96. Hopefully, my eyes are just playing tricks on me.

Edit: They played some Lingo reruns from past seasons the other day, but I didn't think to make a comparison.

2. Diallo B

Diallo B Screenwriter

i really hadn't noticed chuck looking sick. but what i did notice was the new annoying chick they have on the side annoucing numbers. she adds nothing to the game but a blond chick in a mini-skirt. IMO, she is very distracting in an unpleasant way. and i have stopped watching because she annoys the hell out of me.

3. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    Greg, I noticed that too, especially in the promos with the new girl. He looked pretty rough.

4. Martino

Martino Supporting Actor

Martin O.
    Why, oh why did they have to add the stupid bimbo to the game? I used to like this show, but now am cringing whenever the bimbo steps on Chucks lines. The worst is when the contestants have to pick the lingo balls, and the numbers they need are already highlighted on the board, for some reason she has to announce the numbers.

And to keep up with the rant, the bimbo sits at a desk at a computer, and makes it look like she brings up the next playing board. This is totally not needed - who cares who brings up the new board....

5. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    i thought that he has looked odd since this show started.
    but he does look thinner know.
    to me he seems to have the appearance that is similar to what a ventriloquist dummy looks like.
    especially his chin, and the lines around his mouth.

by the way what is the appeal of this show?

all that happens is people try to spell 5 letter words.
    no trivia or questions answering of any sort.

6. Bryan Toth

Bryan Toth Stunt Coordinator

I thought that the first time I saw it too ... but somehow it's strangely addictive. (although strangely not so much now that the blond bimbo has joined the show -- usually that's more of a reason to watch a show!! [​IMG] )

Bryan