Chuck Williams New England ISF Tour

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ned Vogler, Jul 11, 2001.

1. Ned Vogler

Ned Vogler Stunt Coordinator

Chuck Williams NY/NJ/CT/MA ISF Calibration "Tour"
    I am organizing an ISF calibration "Tour" for Chuck Williams. I am hoping to schedule this tour for late August or early September of this year. This tour will be available to people in the NY/NJ/CT/MA area. I have also already received requests from people in Pennsylvania and I will try to incorporate everyone into the tour if possible. If the distances end up being too large, we may have to break it up into a NY/CT/MA tour with a subsequent NJ/PA tour at a later date. Nothing is written in stone at this time.
    Chuck is a well-known ISF calibrator in the Washington, DC area and frequents many of
    the well-known home theater web sites on the Internet.
    We are going to need to chip in to fly Chuck up to this area, as well as pay for a rental car for him. We are also going to have to pay for a hotel room for Chuck while he is in the area. Depending on where everyone is located, it may be more cost-effective to have Chuck drive from D.C. instead of flying, but I will keep you posted on how the travel details are progressing.
    I am going to see how many people are interested, and then do some calculations to
    see what this may cost us. According to Chuck, a somewhat "standard" ISF calibration
    is the initial $250 for ISF, plus 4-5 hours of non-ISF items, plus $40 for each additional format, (HD, etc.) plus travel time. You should be budgeting roughly $500 for the calibration, plus your portion of Chuck's travel expenses (which are yet to be determined).
    Travel time will be billed at $35/hour if Chuck is driving, plus mileage if he drives
    his own vehicle, and $25/hour if he flies or someone else drives.
    If you are interested in having Chuck ISF calibrate your TV, and/or fix the red push in 2001 Mitsubishi RPTVs, and you live in the NY/NJ/CT/MA area, please drop me an e-mail with:
    1) Your full name, address, telephone number and e-mail address
    2) The make and model and year of your TV
    3) What services you are interested in having performed:
    • ISF Calibration ($250 plus $40 per extra format)
    • Software-based red push fix (included in ISF calibration)
    • Mitsubishi 1080i color problem (included in ISF calibration)
    • Non-ISF items @ $60.00/hour (focus, convergence, geometry etc.)
    • Duvetyne Installation[/list=a]
      Items a, b, and c are part of Chuck's "standard" calibration. Chuck normally takes care of item d also during a calibration, but can show you how to do it if you would rather do it yourself. The Duvetyne installation (item e) he will also do for you if requested, but again he is more than willing to show you how to do it on your own time.
      Please e-mail me with any other questions you may have, and I will get back to you ASAP.
      Regards,
      Ned Vogler
      E-mail: [email protected]

2. Jim Burns

Jim Burns Auditioning

3. Ned Vogler

Ned Vogler Stunt Coordinator

quote: Why not use Jim Doolittle or Kevin Miller? They live in that area. If there is a problem it will be a lot easier to get them back to check a problem.[/quote]
    Your point is well taken RE: Jim and Kevin's proximity to the area, and I would be happy with using Jim or Kevin for any followup ISF needs in the future.
    Chuck, however, is VERY familiar with the Mits line of RPTV's (he's familiar with many RPTV brands I'm sure, but spends a lot of time in the Mits forum on another HT website [​IMG] ) and he will be able to correct the problem with red push on the 2001 Mitsubishi's on which the color decoder controls are currently locked out of the service menus.
    This fact along with his reputation are the reasons I am willing to expend time, energy and a few extra $$$ to get him up this way. I do appreciate your input just the same.
    [Edited last by Ned Vogler on July 16, 2001 at 10:51 AM]