Chuck Williams ISF tour of Ohio AND Pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Fred DeGrandis, Jan 13, 2002.

1. Fred DeGrandis

Fred DeGrandis Stunt Coordinator

Here is some pricing info that I copied from another post:

Chuck is pretty much booked through mid February, then on February 17th He is leaving the country for two months. It looks like He will be doing a tour of Atlanta in early May, and of course, the folks in Michigan want Him.

If we get enough people, Than he said Late April!!!!

What does this mean, well Tax refund checks come in around that time, and what better way to spend it better than a Full Blown ISF calibration by one of the best in the business Also, It gives us plenty of time to save up for this.

Here is a list of prices for some of his services:

The basic ISF calibration is $275 for rear screen projection TV's, $200 for direct view CRT's and $300 for front (two piece) projection. In the case of the current generation Mitsubishis, I include the software fix for the color decoder (red push/1080i color error) with the ISF service.

Many of the current models of HDTV's require separate calibration of the high definition input, and I charge $80 for each additional format. In the case of the Pioneer units, depending on what formats and inputs the customer is using, there could be as many as three additional formats.

>>I charge $70 per hour for all non ISF services, and this includes focus, convergence and geometry alignments. But, generally, this doesn't take more than one hour (unless it's a Pioneer, as they have separate convergence memories per aspect ratio), and I'm more than happy to show people how to do any fine tuning on their own instead of paying me to do it. If customers want the interior lined with duvetyne, I can do that too at the hourly rate, but again, I can show people how to do it themselves, and not having it installed during the calibration will not make any difference to their calibration.

So, for a current generation Mits rear screen, the cost would be $275 + $80 (1080i format) + $70 (one hour focus and convergence) = $425.

Then, there are all the travel related expenses, which would be shared equally by all of the participants. When I estimate these, I try to err way on the high side ($50 per person), then refund money to everyone once I get back here. This is obviously much easier than trying to collect money from everyone if I've low balled the expenses. A typical list of expenses would be airfare at $200, rental car for a week at $180, gas $50, six nights in hotels for $600, six meals (at $20/day) for $120, and $25 per hour travel and driving time, $75 per day max. If I assume I can do two calibrations per day if consecutive customers are no more than about 1.5 hours drive time from each other, a one week tour of 14 customers (a tough schedule, but doable) would be roughly $120 per person, and this is worst case expenses for budgeting purposes. So, everyone with a Mits should budget $545, assuming no extras like duvetyne or unforeseen problems.

2. Fred DeGrandis

The maximum number for a tour would probably have to be around 14, assuming two per day for a one week stay. This assumes that two consecutive customers aren't more than about 1.5 to 2 hours apart. Two a day is a killer schedule, but I can pull that off.

That was an email from Chuck. There are 2 firm commitments,which makes 11 free spots. Please email me if your interested.

Thanks, Fred

3. Fred DeGrandis

There were 14 spaces to start with, and now we are down to 11. If you have any questions, drop me an email.

If you want to reserve your spot on this tour with a firm commitment, drop me an email letting me know you are a for sure, and list your name, address, and phone number. This tour is in late april, which is, right after we get those wonderful tax refund checks

Thanks again,

Fred

4. Fred DeGrandis

The cutoff date, is as soon as we fill the 14 slots

There are already 5 Ohio residents who are defiantly involved, and several emails to other Ohio residents are out, and I will update the list when I get the mail.

As for the PA residents, I sent an email to Chuck, and once I get that back, I will be able to tell if the folks in the Harrisburg PA area will be able to be included.

Thanks,

Fred

5. Fred DeGrandis

Also, I will be starting a new thread on this for a Ohio ISF tour.

There were many people in Penn. interested, or who commited, but there location was in the middle of the state, and Chuck said it would be too far for this tour. He did mention that he would be doing a Penn tour later. Here is the email:

Fred,

Harrisburg is to far away, but I'm planning a separate trip up that way later. I have a bunch of interested folks in southern and central PA.

But if there are some people on the Ohio/PA border, then great! We can work them in.

6. Fred DeGrandis

As of right now, there are only 2 spaces remaining!
    Here is a list of people who are defiantly having their equipment ISFd by Chuck Williams himself.
    If you are not on this list, please send me an email ASAP to ensure your spot in this tour.
    1) Jim Kilbane
    Brook Park, Ohio Sony KP51HW40
    2)Fred M. DeGrandis Jr.
    Rocky River, Ohio Mits 55907
    3) Richard Bray
    North Royalton, Ohio Mits 55809
    4) Robert Neidich
    Lima, Ohio Sony 1292 CRT
    5) Jamy Klein
    Westerville, Ohio
    6) Nick Satullo
    Highland Heights, Ohio NEC X6135LC
    7) Jaswant Madhavan
    Columbus, Ohio Mits 65809
    8) Ted Brady
    Westlake, Ohio FPTV: Runco 930 (7 inch CRT's, although Runco claims 8 inch!)
    Screen: Stewart Videomatte 16:9 96 in. wide
    Doubler: Faroudja/NEC LD-200
    HD STB: RCA DTC-100 (comes in rgb pass-thru on Faroudja)
    All other video: Lexicon MC-1 s-video, may soon become Lexicon MC-12 (includes Panasonic RV-80 DVD, laserdisc, svhs, Sony SACD, etc.)
    9) Dave McWilliams
    Beaver Falls PA(right on the border of Ohio/PA)
    Toshiba 65H80
    10) Harold Mars
    Beachwood, Ohio
    11) Randy Van Fossan
    Hilliard, Ohio Mits 65857
    12) Patrick Simon
    Mansfield, Ohio Toshiba TW56X81
    I will update this list as soon as I get more reservations.
    There are several people that I have emails out to, and several are interested. So Don't wait on this. I missed out on Chucks last trip, and let me tell you, I was pretty disappointed.
    Email me at [email protected]
    If you want in for sure, include your name, address, and phone number, along with the equipment to be calibrated.
    If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Hope to see you on the tour,
    Fred

7. Fred DeGrandis

Only 3 spots left!

8. Fred DeGrandis

Down to 2

9. Fred DeGrandis

As of right now, there are only 0spaces remaining! We are all full If you want this done, email me, and I will put you on the reserve list. If something happens where Chuck can spend an extra day or so, You may be in.
    Here is a list of people who are defiantly having their equipment ISFd by Chuck Williams himself.
    If you are not on this list, please send me an email ASAP to ensure your spot in this tour.
    1) Jim Kilbane
    Brook Park, Ohio Sony KP51HW40
    2)Fred M. DeGrandis Jr.
    Rocky River, Ohio Mits 55907
    3) Richard Bray
    North Royalton, Ohio Mits 55809
    4) Robert Neidich
    Lima, Ohio Sony 1292 CRT
    5) Jamy Klein
    Westerville, Ohio
    6) Nick Satullo
    Highland Heights, Ohio NEC X6135LC
    7) Jaswant Madhavan
    Columbus, Ohio Mits 65809
    8) Ted Brady
    Westlake, Ohio FPTV: Runco 930 (7 inch CRT's, although Runco claims 8 inch!)
    Screen: Stewart Videomatte 16:9 96 in. wide
    Doubler: Faroudja/NEC LD-200
    HD STB: RCA DTC-100 (comes in rgb pass-thru on Faroudja)
    All other video: Lexicon MC-1 s-video, may soon become Lexicon MC-12 (includes Panasonic RV-80 DVD, laserdisc, svhs, Sony SACD, etc.) Note: By April I may have both an HTPC (which would bypass the doubler and use an rgb switcher) and/or possibly upgraded scaler (lower priority).
    9) Dave McWilliams
    Beaver Falls PA(right on the border of Ohio/PA)
    Toshiba 65H80
    10) Harold Mars (please send me your address and phone #)
    Beachwood, Ohio
    11) Randy Von Fossan (Please snd me your address and Phone #)
    Hilliard, Ohio
    12) Patrick Simon
    Mansfield, Ohio Toshiba TW56X81
    13) Ted Dettling Jr.
    Malvern, Ohio Pioneer HD710
    14) Dave Vesel
    Mentor, Ohio
    I will update this list as soon as I get more reservations.
    There are several people that I have emails out to, and several are interested. So Don't wait on this. I missed out on Chucks last trip, and let me tell you, I was pretty disappointed.
    Email me at [email protected]
    If you want in for sure, include your name, address, and phone number, along with the equipment to be calibrated.
    If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Hope to see you on the tour,
    Fred