What's new

Chuck - Season 5 (1 Viewer)

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
It's going to be a gamble as to whether all eps aired; it barely tops Nikita (.8 to a .7 after the 3+) and it's DVR numbers are also not good. What's worse is that Grimm coming out of it scores a 1.8, which while down 14% is double the ratings of Chuck.. that's a bad sign

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm glad jerk Morgan didn't last more than an episode and a scene. I really thought they were going to tie his recovery to Jeff's, though. When Awesome talked about the fumes starting to shut down Jeff's brain, I figured the copter gas fumes would do for Morgan instead of him just being reminded of his past. Now I don't remember what Alex knows. Can they explain what happened or do they have to make something up? I thought it was kind of lame that the van Jeff was working on was in the office, but then I realized it was probably a car stereo installation bay in the store. Is that what it looked like to anyone? I didn't get a good look at the room. The Verbanski Logan's Run pod car Morgan was driving was kind of cool. Also, had to chuckle at the Matrix reference with Morgan dodging the tranks. And then after some rough fully-clothed sex, Casey gets his gun back. :eek:

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I really enjoyed that episode. Though Chuck was suddenly a highly competent spy, marksman and martial artist. :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Parenthood's season finale is Feb. 28, and Chuck's series finale is the end of Jan. Does that mean the shows will run through without the traditional December downtime?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Greg_S_H said:
Parenthood's season finale is Feb. 28, and Chuck's series finale is the end of Jan. Does that mean the shows will run through without the traditional December downtime?
"Parenthood" had an unusually short 18-episode order for its third season, so that means they'll be six weeks of repeats scattered between November 29th and February 28th. "Chuck" had a 13-episode order for its final season, so that means they'll be one week of repeats somewhere in December or January.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
So based on years of assassination plot tropes, doesn't the assassin get his very own photograph of his target and not have to look for one on the Internet?

OK, but Casey taking out everyone was AWESOME.

And the dig on Crystal Skull was pretty sweet too.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Cameron Yee said:
So based on years of assassination plot tropes, doesn't the assassin get his very own photograph of his target and not have to look for one on the Internet?
Absolutely. I don't think the real assassin was ever fooled by the bait-and-switch diversion. I'm still wonder what Dekker's game is. Clearly Chuck and Sarah are important for some purpose, since he didn't want them killed. But mainly, he just goes around being a gigantic dick to the team. Beckman's his superior, but appears powerless to do anything more than slow him down. A legal question: if the government has legally authorized someone to kill you, and you kill them to prevent them from killing you, does the self defense argument still apply? Since your attempted killer wasn't breaking the law?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Well, if a cop breaks down your door in a case of mistaken identity (like, wrong house for a drug raid) and you shoot him, you're in a much bigger world of shit than if you shot a criminal breaking and entering. And, yeah, Casey protecting his little girl by not sticking around to hear the bad guy's speech was great, as were the little hits on prequels and sequels. Also, I would agree that Viper never was fooled but knew she had to lure the real Morgan out from protective custody.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Yeah Viper was never fooled, but why did Team Carmichael think s/he would be? Seems kinda...amateur hour.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I know it was just written for our amusement, but if Morgan really had no Star Wars memory, why would he ask which order to watch the films in? "One through six! Convenient!" :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I just realized Viper was Dani from "The Shield". That was bugging me until I finally figure that out.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Count me as very surprised. I thought this was cancelled years ago. Guess they've kept it running way under the radar. Found the first two seasonc enjoyable so looks like I'll catch up on DVD.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
It was fun seeing the Community / Chuck blending..... For 1 scene anyway. :) I think Abed would make a great BuyMore Employee.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Nude Strahovski was quite nice to see (though did BioWare give her slightly...roomier...hips in Mass Effect 2?), but my new epic fantasy is Carrie-Anne Moss wearing a sheriff's deputy uniform, complete with the black leather rapist-gloves.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Actually, the best use of pixelation when they secured the hacker and he was on his back and his gown was riding up and Chuck had to pull the gown back down. It's a fairly quick scene before going to commercial, but hilarious, nonetheless.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Pixelation? It must be the community standards where you are, because we got full nudity here. :confused: "I will UNPLUG you. I will PULL YOUR PLUG."

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Dekker getting offed was a surprise, but I'm glad they didn't drag things out with the character. Can't afford to given the number of episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks