What's new

"Chuck" Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'll be the first guy here to praise Sarah in the BSG top, Sarah in the bra, Sarah in the sexy librarian getup, Ellie, Hannah. This show is prime time hot women central.

Terrific stuff. It was a good move illuminating Chuck's situation by mirroring it with Manoosh. I think the creative staff still knows how to balance the Buy More.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Watershed episode for Chuck. He has sent another person away to be permanently locked up and symbolically sent away the Chuck he was away too.

Casey was in fine form this week with a lot of great one liners and the laser pen scene between him and Chuck, along with Sarah's reaction shots, was hilarious.

Also thought that Fahim Anwar who played Manoosh, his first big acting break BTW - he is an engineer by day and a stand up comic by night, did a fantastic job as portraying a Chuck like character who was different enough not to be a total clone. I really felt sorry for his character at the end.

Jeff and Lester are the perfect stalkers and their report on Hannah was very thorough. Also loved how Morgan forget all about hitting on Hannah when she let out the Paris trip out of the bag, punctuated by the swelling of Swan Lake in the background, and was devastated that Chuck is keeping secrets from him again.

mike caronia

Second Unit
Awesome episode on every level.
Jeffster should get their own show when NBC bungles this one.

Whatever happened to Anna?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Originally Posted by mike caronia

Whatever happened to Anna?
She was mentioned in the season opener. She dumped Morgan for another chef in Hawaii.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
This show continues to move in unpredictable ways. Hannah seemed to be another PLI from the outset, but instead she becomes the spark that ignites Morgan and Elli's curiosity into Chuck's life, which is also bringing in the Buy More characters. The bookmarking was perfect. The are some not so subtle hints in the "asset" discussion that have potential for Chuck to reevaluate his relationship to his team, especially Sarah. Awesome was a bit overplayed, but the "talk" between Chuck and Morgan was great.

It's hard to believe that we are already at the original halfway mark for the season. If they can keep up the quality of the writing, tying the past into the present and developing the characters without destroying them, this season is going to be one of the best. There better be a fourth.

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
That "Frak Off" t-shirt was a nice touch.
Quote:
I'll be the first guy here to praise Sarah in the BSG top

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I’m really enjoying this season.
Last night’s episode had some really good laugh out loud moments, my favorite being the exchange between Casey and Chuck when they are looking at what Chuck thinks is Manoosh’s profile and then it turns out to be his.
The quality has been so good I certainly hope they keep it up and there is a fourth season.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Not much to add, but I just wanted to join the chorus that enjoyed last nights show and the season so far. The quality of the show this year has been very good. I had my doubts about Intersect 2.0, but the writers have done well with it. Let's hope they can keep it up.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Just an FYI for anyone who gets Space channel, Chuck is running on Weds at 9ET/6PT and 2:30ET/11:30PT.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'm not sure why CityTV decided to move Chuck to Mondays right before the Olympic break, but they're now running it on Tuesdays as well, so that means 3 airings a week including NBC and Space channel.

Just finished off S2 again, and am hoping we'll see S3 reruns somewhere - I'd like to rewatch 3.01 and 3.02 again. You can't watch the online versions outside the US.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Here's a pretty cool drawring from a guy called Oswald Grouse.

If you click, it's a little bigger. If you go here and resize, it's humongous:

http://twitpic.com/11y3vf

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Latest Chuck news, spoilerized:

1) Christopher Lloyd has been cast for 3.16 - GreatScott!
2) Season 3 will end with a 2 hour finale on May 24.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yeah, apparently Chuck's ratings have actually grown significantly this season, to the point where it's now NBC's third-highest-rated scripted series (right behind The Office and 30 Rock).

A fourth-season pickup is pretty much inevitable at this point, which is great news.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I would say they've grown significantly, but they've grown slightly when most the rest of the NBC line-up has plunged like a rock. I don't see how "Chuck" doesn't get renewed with five extra hours to fill. I love "Chuck" on Mondays, but I sorta wish they'd stop running it against the "House" freight train. If the Sunday premiere showed anything, it's that this show can work in a different time slot.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I'm glad the ratings are up, but after this episode

I don't like the Hannah/Chuck, Sarah/Shaw setup. It's fine that Hannah likes Chuck, but Chuck should be aware that his supposed best friend is in love with her, and he is being a dick. I don't buy another agent/agent relationship either - hasn't Sarah learned anything? If a relationship at work is okay, then she should be with Chuck. Fortunately, it looks like Shaw is in line for a body bag sooner than later, which is too bad, because I actually don't mind the actor, just don't like the new relationship arrangements.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I actually like the Hannah/Chuck thing, but agree totally on the Sarah/ Shaw thing.

When you think about it, Hannah and Chuck met before Morgan and Hannah did anyway, so the only thing Chuck is really guilty of being an ass to Morgan for is not telling him as soon as she started working. In his defense though, like Morgan said, he's almost never in the store anyway.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Judging by the reaction on the Chuck site, it looks like the Sarah/Shaw thing isn't being well received. I hope the writers straighten this one out fast, preferably by turning the tables and having Sarah be the one being hopelessly in love (with Chuck). We've seen too many guys come into the picture that she semi-falls for, which isn't good for her character IMO.

I also hope that Chuck isn't granted too much independence in the mission department.
I was hoping that Eli and Morgan's collaboration was going to get a lot more involved than it appears, it would have been more interesting for them to kind of glimpse what Chuck is really up to, and him have to explain his way out of it than have it end with the discovery of a new girlfriend.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I agree with the Sarah/Shaw thing. I was also disappointed by how little headway Eli and Morgan made and where was Jeffster trying to gain intel? Hopefully if the Hannah story line continues his keeping secrets from her will supplement the Eli/Morgan storyline. I still enjoyed the episode, it just didn't quite live up to its potential.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I, on the other hand, thought it was one of the best. I don't want to see Sarah with anyone but Chuck, but I like Shaw in spite of myself. I'm just going to sit back and watch where it goes.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I enjoy the show for many other things above the relationship. One that I hold to the highest standard is honest story telling.
A good episode except for the last 10 minutes starting with the framing shot of Shaw and Sarah together and Chuck and Hannah.
If the show wants to mix things up I have no problem with that. There is a story telling requirement that needs to be filled here. If a show is going to dramatize an ongoing relationship that puts 2 seasons of emotional baggage on the two romantic leads then switching them up requires a buildup to doing so. A few minutes of screen time together between Sarah and Shaw are simply not enough.
The proof is in the last Castle scene where not just Chuck and Sarah but Casey all acting out of character. That is what happens when a change in story direction is not handled properly.
The issue here has nothing to do with the relationship. It is about telling a story honestly. The show did not so they had to have the characters act out of character to push the new direction through.
Sad because the rest of the episode was pretty entertaining.
This is a low point for the series right beside the sweeping of the Mauser shooting under the rug.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks