What's new

"Chuck" Season 3 (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Chuck Vs The Other Guy was shown yesterday at WonderCon. Consensus is that it is easily the best of the season. Since this was originally going to be the season finale expect big things to get their pay off tonight.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Hell freakin' yeah! That is how you do a Chuck episode. Best one yet! I actually cheered at the end.

And in 3 weeks the next few look crazy fun.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Good episode, great last fifteen minutes or so. Shaw's death was a classic comic book style dead-but-with-plenty-of-room-for-survival that leaves his character open to return when we least expect it. I was somewhat disappointed that they eventually made Shaw the bad guy, because I found it really interesting having the guy you're rooting against be perhaps even better than the protagonist. That being said, it was executed (pardon the pun) very much in character for what we know from Shaw. He was smart, lethal, and compassionate. The revelation that Sarah killed his wife made it necessary in his mind that Sarah should die, but intellectually he knew she was just a dupe in his wife's murder. Watching him straddle that line was interesting, trying to be as nice as he could about it and in so doing assauge the guilt that was already building on his conscience. I really enjoyed that Chuck was the one to have him pinned from the get-go, because he is the one most in tune with his emotions. He didn't accuse Shaw because he was jealous; he accused Shaw because he knew that he'd do the same thing if he were walking in Shaw's shoes. Loved the introduction of Morgan as the newest member of the spy team, and I thought I'd hate it. His interactions with General Beckman convinced me that he could bring some of the Buy More comic sensibility to the spy half of the equation. I would hope that he mostly hangs out in Castle doing support work for the team, because I don't want him to undermine the action half of the equation.

Mostly, though, I was happy for two things: to see Casey get his beloved job (and Crown Vic!) back -- and of course Chuck and Sarah ending two and a half seasons of will-they-won't-they to spill everything, bang a gong, get it on. If you replace General Beckman with M, the final scene in the Parisian hotel room could have capped off a Bond movie.

That would have made a perfectly satisfying series finale. I hear the new season finale is a wicked cliffhanger, even worse than last season's. I really hope we get a season four, because this show's got plenty of juice left in the tank.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
My thoughts exactly. If this had been the end, it would have been a perfect sendoff (though I'm obviously glad it's not)--kind of like the penultimate chapter of season 2. The only thing missing from that one was the wedding.

I also wished Shaw had been good, and thought it might be the case all the way until the cafe scene. I thought it could have been an elaborate plot to feed the Ring false information while keeping the rest of the team in the dark. I figured, "No wonder the general blew Chuck off, though he has been shown to be a good source of info in the past." Was it Shaw's gun that Chuck picked up? It could still be blanks and blood packs.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Lenhardt

Loved the introduction of Morgan as the newest member of the spy team, and I thought I'd hate it. His interactions with General Beckman convinced me that he could bring some of the Buy More comic sensibility to the spy half of the equation. I would hope that he mostly hangs out in Castle doing support work for the team, because I don't want him to undermine the action half of the equation.
Yeah, that one brief clip of Casey attempting to "train" Morgan aside, I don't really see him joining the trio on missions anytime soon. He'll probably stick to doing what he, in this episode, demonstrated that he does better than just about anyone else -- analyst/support type stuff. I certainly can't see Beckman putting him out in the field very quickly.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
It was very good, though in some ways it felt like a recycling of the previous week's thematically.

The most exciting thing to look forward to is Morgan's inclusion on the team. With the relationship elephant released, hopefully the focus will shift to crafting more tightly plotted and engrossing spy stories.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Another great episode! We FINALLY have the Chuck/Sarah thing dealt with, Shaw is done (for now), Casey's back and Morgan is a spy! Love it!

Why do we have to wait 3 weeks for more? Bast*rds!!!!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Since I don't watch previews, I turned it off, but I thought I heard them say something about the three weeks of break being the three weeks Chuck will spend on "vacation" with Sarah? Is that right? Kind of a cool way to play it if so.

I know nothing about the back six, but it's pretty cool that they're bringing in

Doc Brown and Daddy Bartowski
for it. Maybe it's a sign of big, fun things.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Yes it is. And there are even more than those! ;)

Chuck returns on April 26th.

This could be the final 6 episodes we get. Hopefully ratings will pick up now that Chuck and Sarah are together.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Man I hope they do not cancel this show. I have season 1 and 2 on dvd and will get season 3. If they cancel it, at least it had 3 seasons, which is a lot more than some shows. These days if a show isn't an instant hit, the big guys cancel it after only a few episodes.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Check out the chuck promo for their "Chuck suffers a Hart attack episode"
With Fred Willard and Swoozie Kurtz playing married CIA Agents training Sarah and Chuck.

The promo is so funny.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/04/23/chuck-hart-to-hart-homage/

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
That would be funny if that certain guest star on episode 3.16 has the same white hairstyle from that certain movie.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Now I think I know who you're talking about. I've been waiting for him a long time.

After he was on Universe last night and Smallville earlier this season, I realize I would like to see Michael Shanks turn up. Maybe if there's a next season. Then again, the common link is that they are Vancouver shows and Chuck is not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks