What's new

Chuck season 2 (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

Sadly, no. Which is a pity, because if you replaced the character involved with Sara, and the object involved with something else, you'd have a really interesting 3-D image. Albeit one that could never been done on network television, or even premium cable. It would have to be pay-per-view. ;)

Joe

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
When I compare and contrast Chuck and Heroes, I find myself enjoying Chuck so much more, just because the usual B-plot with Buy More shenanigans is just funny stuff, and the "She Spies" flavor of the Chuck A-plot is also filled with human emotional decision making, making the show accessible and funny but with warmth and heart because people talk to one another, human to human. Heroes just takes itself far too seriously, and the time crawls when watching it.

Tonight's episode juggled Chuck's heart (former flame showing up) and the CRP test at Buy More, while integrating both Ellie and Capt. Awesome as organically as possible. Pretty solid Chuck episode.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Tremendous episode, even though I don't find Jordana Brewster the least bit attractive. I was absolutely dying when Chuck was listening in on the phone call and his microphone turned out to be on. The episode also did a much better job of integrating Chuck into the Buy More storyline. Tony Hale is magnificently cringe-worthy. I squirm everytime his character appears on screen.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Awesome that Yvonne got to use her regular voice, though I wish they'd given her more time with it. Poor Sarah, having to listen in as Chuck reconnects.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Yes great episode tonight. Chuck's date with Jill was painful and hilarious. His robot comment to Sarah struck home big time. Casey ruled in this one.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I was annoyed when Chuck insisted that he go in to keep Jill from harm, and then proceeded to fuck up. Sure, there's a comic payoff, but it rubbed me the wrong way. If this wasn't an fun hourly TV show with a full season order, someday that empty chivalry will get someone killed.

Other than that a good episode. Casey's disguise at the restaurant was ridiculous, in a good way. And I find Jordana Brewster at least a bit attractive.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
"Let me die with dignity"

This episode had me laughing out loud at least a half dozen times. Heimlich test.. :D

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Lot's of good moments:

Jeff's creepy enthusiasm about "pounding the plastic"

Casey's Garth Brooks as Chris Gains get-up

Sarah as a brunette

More Ellie time

Chuck's blunder eavesdropping (I busted up on that one)

Chuck's Casey phone image

Chuck kissing Casey

todd s

Senior HTF Member
While I watched the show last season. I become more of a fan this season. Did they ever explain why they keep Chuck working at the Buy More? Wouldn't it have been easier and safer to set him up at some kind of fake company doing computer work? Granted it would remove 70% of the humor from the show.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
I would've loved to see Sarah giving more of the speech as well, just because that's not really something that you can fake, I feel like it would've been funny.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
They keep talking about Chuck being tardy all the time. I'm surprised he hasn't been fired, actually. I'm waiting for a storyline about how there is some intervention to keep him there.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Right now, it's balanced by the fact that he's the only competent employee on the premises. It wouldn't surprise me if they're leading up to him being shown the door to shake things up (not that things *need* to be shaken up in a half season and a quarter, at least as far as I'm concerned).

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Haven't they already shown us that if anything threatens Chuck's Buy More cover the CIA will just take care of it? That's why there's no threat from Buster and Chuck doesn't really seem to care what happens.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I can finally join the discussion about Chuck now that I've watched all of Season 1 on DVD and watched the Season 2 episodes that I TiVoed.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Did anyone else yell "Sale!" when Emmett was talking about what to do in case of a fire? I know it was Tobias who did that bit on AD, but I didn't care since it was an actor from the same show.

I too wish that we could have seen more of Sarah's speech at the convention. Not to mention that was one sexy pantsuit that Yvonne was wearing.

I've been a fan of Jordana Brewster ever since I saw her in The Faculty 10 years ago! My god, has it been that long?[Doc Brown].

As much as I enjoyed Season 1, I think Season 2 has been an upgrade. Better integration of the spy stuff, the Buy More and the comedy, especially Adam Baldwin, who should merit consideration for a Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Emmy nomination.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Morgan rocked tonight! A true friend indeed.

Great episode - humour, action, and for Chuck - a flash of real happiness. .

Sarah was stellar this episode. She really took the high road and made it pretty clear where she stands with Chuck. Unfortunately, once again, Chuck won't find out.

It was great, and sad too, to see Sarah's feigned nonchalance crack and crumble as the episode went on. Yvonne really shone this episode. And she is going having to really control herself in the aftermath of everything. Her request, no her order, that Jill not hurt Chuck again, is really going to put her on the offensive next week.

Chuck is going to be in a very bad place after all is said and done.

My only caveat - no Ellie scenes! Sad

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I'm glad Jill's Fulcrum because I just don't like her. I don't like the grit she brings. She makes Chuck into a dick. He knows Sarah's feelings for him are real and not just a cover, yet he throws Jill in her face constantly.

"I didn't hatch."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks