Chuck season 2

Adam Lenhardt

Director
Reaction score
It's an interesting question that probably depends greatly on how the Intercept works. Having a white room isolated on its own probably does nothing. My guess is that it taps into all of the field agents on the ground, possibly through sunglasses like the pair that updated Chuck. If it sees what they see, it'd be like having Chuck's ability inside every field agent across the globe. Or it could work like Eagle Eye, tapping into every networked security camera in the country.

mattCR

Executive Producer
Reviewer
Reaction score
Real Name
Matt

But couldn't there be a way to somewhat fake this? I mean, couldn't Chuck just say he was distributing Shareware on the Internet on the side ?
I'm just saying, if it was me risking dying all the time, I'd want to get paid in some freaking way, some how.

Lou Sytsma

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Mixed bag tonight. On the comedy/action front the show was great. Casey had some great moments - loved the shot of him as DJ.

On the relationship/information side it was a let down sadly. The Jenny Burton name was, as I feared, one of many aliases. The dinner scene was nothing but a tease and most of all - the TALK from 2.03 seemed to have no import tonight.

There were still a few nice moments scattered throughout ie Chuck and Ratner discussing nerds and girls and Sarah defending nerds in the shower fight against Heather.

They did a terrific job making Sarah totally believable as a teenager.

The Buy More stuff was underwhelming.

Ken_McAlinden

Producer
Reviewer
Reaction score
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
..and he was paired with "Heather Chandler" (Richie's character) , which was the name of the "alpha Heather" played by Kim Walker in Heathers.

Regards,

DaveF

Reaction score
Real Name
Dave
Because he is the sole repository of everything the CIA knows about the world. That needs to be in a well-guarded, subterranean room with electronic locks on the door. It can't be in the brain of wage-slave at the local Buy More. As the show goes, he is constantly guarded. They can't keep that up the rest of his life. And he's not a trained spy and fundamentally not trusted in the field so he wouldn't be used as a field op any more than necessary.

Once he's replaced by silicon, it's best to "remove" him permanently.

I'm with Lou on last night's episode. I enjoyed the intent of last night's episode, but it was sloppy in the execution. The Buy More party was beyond believable (if amusing). I did like Casey setting Chuck as "Mad Dog", and that story thread.

todd s

Lead Actor
Reaction score
I liked the whole "Mad dog" setup. It shows that Casey does like Chuck. Since last season he would have never allowed Chuck to get the credit.

SDRANGER619

Stunt Coordinator
Reaction score
Real Name
Edgar
Nicole Ritchie looked pretty good...although they figured out how to bust her face up for the flashback shots of them in high school. haha

Adam Lenhardt

Director
Reaction score
I didn't even recognize "Jenny" as Sarah in the opening scene! Totally different hair and posture; it wasn't until a closeup and I noticed her eyes that I figured it out. I liked the episode a lot, even if the Buy More stuff has gotten a bit out of control. The business with Sarah's past was just the right balance, I think: we got a window into the truth about a specific period in her life, but the larger mystery still remains, out there somewhere.
Casey's quietly become one of my favorite characters this season. The comparison to Adam Baldwin's performance as Jayne is illuminating: both toughs, but on opposite sides of the intellectual scale. That Baldwin can fill essentially the same role in both shows but be so smart here and so dumb there showcases his talents.
One of my favorites on TV!

Kevin Hewell

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
So, is there not a new ep next week? The previews just said "in the coming weeks."

Adam Lenhardt

Director
Reaction score
According to EPGuides.com, "Chuck Versus Tom Sawyer" is scheduled to air next Monday, followed by a hiatus two Mondays from now for the election week, and then returning again with "Chuck Versus the Ex" on November 10.

Greg_S_H

Executive Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Greg
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure that was the finest hour of television in the entire 80 years of the medium. Just superb, superior viewing. I was either smiling or chuckling all the way through. Mark Ratner.
Chuck getting all mad dog by crumpling a styrofoam cup. Lester addressing Big Mike by talking to Norman. Every note was just right.

Was the jetpack dude new to the intro? I don't remember seeing him.

Edit: posted before I read other reactions. Looks like I'm alone in my untempered praise, though it seems everyone liked it to a degree.

DaveF

Reaction score
Real Name
Dave
I enjoyed the episode, to be sure. And the performances by the main actors were as sharp as ever. But the story itself seemed weaker than the norm for Chuck.

But I don't want to harsh on your charm

And I echo Adam's praise for Adam (Baldwin). That unvoiced growl he expressed to Chuck when he learned that Chuck got credit for Casey's bathroom takedown of the goons was priceless. And DJ Master Baldwin was one the typical perfect touches of humor.

Lou Sytsma

Producer
Reaction score
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
After Charlie's tragic death on Lost, fans wondered if Dominic Monaghan would return to TV. Well, he is and he's coming to Chuck in episode 2.13! Here's the scoop from Ausiello at EW:

Marty M

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Well, you did ask people to correct you if they thought you were wrong.
I enjoyed this Monday's episode and thought it was one of the best episodes of the series, to date. I can't agree that it was that it was "...the finest hour of television in the entire 80 years of the medium." statement, though. To each our own opinions.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Reaction score
My only problem with the episode was the reset button on Sarah's past at the end. Why would the show makers want to get trapped in such stupidity, the "mysterious past of Sarah" has absolutely nothing to do with what makes this show great.

Adam Lenhardt

Director
Reaction score
It wasn't a complete reset button; everything that we learned about her past actually happened. It's just more complicated than things seemed at first glance. Her daddy really is in prison, but I don't think he's a simple thief.

Joseph DeMartino

Lead Actor
Reaction score
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

???? A reset button, by definition, returns the situation to the status quo ante. The ending did nothing of the sort. Obviously she and her father changed names and towns regularly, so the "real" name we learned about wasn't her real "real" name, but I don't see that as a problem. And since they were deliberately ambiguous about her father and what he did or didn't do throughout the episode, I don't see how anything we learned about him "undid" anything we saw in the episode. The ending was just an added twist on what we'd seen - hardly a "reset button" and hardly stupid.

As for "the mystery of Sarah's past" not being what made this show (now only a couple of episodes into its 2nd season) great...

Of course it isn't. How could it be "part of what made the show great" when it is a story element that was just introduced this week? Or isn't the show allowed to change or expand at all?

Regards,

Joe

Forum Sponsors

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rebccalim