What's new

Chuck season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
When Sarah was changing into her Weiner outfit in the backseat, did anyone else think she said the dreaded "Sh*t" word? I played it a couple of times and I think she is saying "shift" but there certainlly wasn't much of an f sound. :)

Rocky F

Second Unit

I did record it, and I did go back and verify. :) (Actually my wife wanted to go back and verify, I didn't argue.) There were gold panties.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah. Fleshy colored panties to give the illusion in regular motion of none, and the word was definitely "shift." Great episode. Great show. And, forgot to mention, it's awesome having Tony Todd as a regular. Hope he sticks around.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Another winner. All the moments mentioned were great, and I also enjoyed the Geek Squad this week. Gotta love HD and freeze-frame for checking these critical wardrobe questions. ;)

Regards,

Joe

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Anyone else happen to catch the very-small-type "Tyrell Corporation - Genetic Engineering Division" (or something very similar) moniker on the side of Morgan's tote bag?

It was one of those "Blink-and-you'll-miss-it" things.

RickGr

Second Unit
I have watched this show since its premier and I am still not sure who the guy that lives with Chucks sister is. ( he was not in this past episode but a line mentioned him)
I know he is another doctor or intern but I thought he was Chucks sisters boyfriend but perhaps he is just a room mate?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Captain Awesome? He's the man. He's your stereotypical jock surgeon, and he IS dating Chuck's sister. My understanding is that either the apartment was Ellie and Awesome's and Chuck downward spiraled into living with them, or it was Chuck and Ellie's apartment and Ellie's domineering side simply announced that Awesome was moving in and Chuck decided to be okay with it.

Tonight's episode wasn't as good as the last couple but it was still very enjoyable. Living a double life is going to continue getting more difficult for Chuck as she struggles to hold onto his personal life. By contrast Sarah and Agent Casey have cut all ties to their previous lives, which makes things comparatively simple for them.

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Ben Lo Pan played by James Hong (David Lo Pan in Big Trouble in Little China), very funny in-joke.

I really enjoyed this episode. Love Big Mike.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
Ellie looked really hot tonight. I almost didn't notice Sarah at all.

I was kind of confused why they were celebrating mother's day with no mom around until it was explained at the end which I thought was a nice touch. I was also wondering where Captain Awesome was as I thought Ellie dumped him and maybe Morgan was going to get lucky.

One thing was missing though, Sarah in the state of undress. :frowning:

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I'm one episode away from dumping Chuck, the show is very charming and the actors are fine but the storylines are a little too unfocused and casual for my taste.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
That is funny. That is the main reason I like this show. I don't want it to become to stressful and "end of the world"-ly. I like that it focuses on the people and not the case most of the time.

I watch this as a comedy show, not a spy show. If were just a spy show, I wouldnt even be watching.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Another enjoyable episode. The show seems to be finding a larger emotional space to occupy. This episode was less about the comedy and more about Chuck dealing with his relationships in his new life. The end was touching.

What I didn't like was the new action-scene editing style. The freeze-frame moments were distracting; initially I thought the network was having broadcast problems.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This was my first reaction to that sequence as well. I hope they do not continue this. It was definitely distracting.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor
This has certainly become one of my favorite shows this year. I enjoy it because it reminds me a lot of shows from the '80s like the A-Team that is just plain fun. It's not meant to be serious and is certainly a big wink to the computer and video game crowd. From the past episodes, the fight scenes were posed straight out of games like DOA. The whole show is great for what it is and has become something I truly look forward to and enjoy every week.

Hopefully it will make it because this is truly a unique show that is like combining the 40 year old virgin, James Bond and the typical uber geek. Great fun indeed.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter

Yeah, I hope they drop this. It's not that the idea of freeze framing action in strategic places is necessarily bad, it was just poorly done (and overdone) here. I kept thinking it was a technical glitch... VERY distracting (in a bad way).

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I also didn't like the freezes during the action sequences, but the rest was a-ok with me. I hope this show is doing well in the ratings, because it's a definite favorite and the one I would miss the most right now.

No Sarah undress sequence this time, but her walk-on at the beginning was niiice.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

Yep, and they even had him in a wheelchair.

Another fun episode. As Jeffery said, this show is like a fun action show from the 80's, that can't be taken seriously.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Chuck Versus the Helicopter
Chuck Versus the Tango
Chuck Versus the Wookie
Chuck Versus the Sizzling Shrimp

I'm gonna be pissed if the season finale isn't Chuck Versus the Volcano.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks