What's new

Chuck season 1 thread (1 Viewer)

Doug Wallen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Thoroughly enjoyed the pilot.

Thought the character interaction was great.

Hope this lasts longer than most shows I end up liking.

Doug

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
What he said. Except I was more wowed by the sister. Sarah Lancaster deserves some "Yowza's" as well.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don

Completely. I can't believe I forgot about her, and brunettes are my thing. Well, I've been "under the weather" the last few days...

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt

I agree! My wife and I loved the show. Now on my season pass.

Love the Vicki Vale/Batman scene, too funny; that was actually the preview that sold me on this show.

Love the acting. Zachary Levi plays Chuck perfectly.

Yes, Chuck's sister is also a "Yowza" and while I do have a thing for brunettes, Sarah is just smoking hot!

Looking forward to the season.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of how hot the blond is. When watching the show in HD and when they showed a close up of her face. You can see how the makeup is covering up all of her blemishes, pimples, etc. With HD becoming more prevalent. I can see actresses/actors demanding better makeup or less closeups. :)

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
The pilot definitely had McG written all over it. Unbelievable (literally) action sequences and just plain awful.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
It felt a bit stiff to me, like they'd played the scenes so many times there was no life left in them. I could see all the points they intended to be humorous, but appreciating what is meant to be humorous and actually laughing are two different things.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Finally just watched it. I was quite surprised. Best new show I've seen this fall. It's kind of a mix of 40 Year Old Virgin and John Doe. The cast is likeable if not just for great eye candy. Good jokes and the geak...errr correction, 'nerd' references throughout are fun.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Zachary Levi (Chuck) was just on The Tonight Show where their camera crew followed him through an apartment complex where he knocked on doors and urged people to watch his show Monday night (the segment was taped on Monday and even got footage of Zach and the apartment dwellers during the broadcast of the show). It was a silly and funny bit.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt

Yeah, on one of her close ups, my wife mentioned that she had "bad skin".

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
I watched the Sat. repeat and I thought it was great. The scene at the beginning where Bryce was downloading all the secrets and the room became bunches of video screens was really cool. I like all the characters and the tone of the series. Here's hoping they can keep this up.

Sheldon C

Second Unit
Wow, I loved it. The action scenes were far better than Bionic Woman where all they did was the close up camera shaking thing. I'm very impressed with this show, and a but suprised some here didn't like it.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else pick up the "Lost" in-joke? When Chuck was spouting some secrets he made mention of the Oceanic flight 280 being brought down... I missed the rest of what he said. :)

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Two episodes and "Chuck" is pitch perfect! I'm amazed at how funny and thrilling and good irony enhances the drama.

And the throwawy "Oceanic Flight 815 was shot down by ..." was hilarious!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Was it just me or did you know EXACTLY what was going to happen next? Every single scene? Predictability = not funny. Or interesting. By the last act, my eyes glazed over. I kept watching in case something interesting happened that could redeem the show. Nothing. It actually got worse. Gee, do you think Chuck will land the helicopter? Also, if he knows everything, WHY DOESN'T HE KNOW HOW TO FLY THE HELICOPTER? This is bascially Charlie's Angels the movie as a TV series -- things just happen so there can be a fight or a car chase, and it's brainless flashiness.

Here's what I liked:

Adam Baldwin

That's all the Chuck for me.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
What a big difference when it's not directed by McG!!! Better episode that the first. Wow, Chuck knows the secrets to Oceanic 815!!!! :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I missed McG's direction, actually. He gave the show snap and flare which made its hairpin turns feels effortless instead of belabored. That said, I enjoyed everything after the helicopter landing. Sarah taking Chuck's mistrust personally says a lot of about her. The revelation that the NSA is going to whack Chuck as soon as the new database is up and running was a darker than expected twist. Chuck has six months to shape up or it's lights out forever — and chuck doesn't even know he's on a deadline. It says a lot about Adam Baldwin's character that he wasn't thrilled at the news.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks