Chuck Berry - tribute DVD needed!

Discussion in 'Music' started by John Watson, Aug 5, 2003.

1. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Specifically, of his 1986 concert, on the occasion of his 60th birthday. This was a well filmed and recorded celebration, produced by Keith Richards, with guests like Etta James, Linda Ronstadt, Robert Cray, Eric Clapton and a few others, of the career of an idol of mine, and a great early hero of rock ‘n roll.

I just played my LP of this concert, to remind myself of how good it was.

Tho Tarantino gave Chuck Berry a little boost in PULP FICTION, he has had a pretty low profile in recent decades.

Its another case of a concert that was, I believe, on VHS, and has not yet made the grade to DVD. Some of these concert classics are now getting to DVD (the Everly Brothers Reunion concert, the Tribute to Carl Perkins, etc.) But it would be really nice, especially if the man makes his 80th birthday, to see his tribute concert come out.

Any news on this concert as a DVD, or any support?

NP Sam Cooke - The Man & His Music

2. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

You mean "Chuck Berry - Hail! Hail! Rock and Roll", right?

Yeah, like to see this one make it to DVD. Clapton was in the "Tribute to Carl Perkins" concert as well. And he is in the upcoming "Tribute to George Harrison" concert DVD as well.

3. Grant B

Grant B Producer

At the 2nd Chicago Blus Fest, I saw him play with Keith Richards, Bo Diddley, Matt Guitar Murphy, Memphis Slim and others. I would love to see that come out

4. Paul D Young

Paul D Young Second Unit

If you indeed mean "Chuck Berry - Hail! Hail! Rock and Roll"
    then count me in. It is one of my favorite rock n' roll movies. I still watch my videotape of the widescreen version I taped off of Bravo and I would buy the DVD in a second!

5. John Watson

John Watson Screenwriter

Yeah, folks, that's definitely the title, unfortunately, I didn't even buy the Video cassette, so i only remember seeing it as a rental.

My understanding is that the few other Chuck Berry titles on DVd don't come close to Hail Hail Rock ' Roll!, so I hope it does come to disk.