What's new

Chrysler sued for 20 mil????? Your thoughts on this and other ridiculous law suits. (1 Viewer)

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
There are good points on both sides of this issue. I agree with Eve that a manufacturer cannot be expected to provide safety for every possible scenario. Likewise, even the mope that put the wheel on the wrong has to have his liability limited somewhere, as his mistake could theoretically cause some wacky, unimagined accident. Using the McDonald's example, let's say the old woman who burned herself had been the driver of the vehicle. What if she had lost control of the car due to the hot coffee, killing a busload of schoolkids? Would McDonald's be responsible for that too? I don't think so, but is there any doubt that McDonald's would be sued for that as well?

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
On a related subject, I just read somewhere that the widow of a drunk driver is suing the car manufacturer (VW, I think) for being responsible for his death due to alleged safety hazards in the car. Really.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks