Chronicles of the Space Rangers DVD?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Mark Talmadge, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Mark Talmadge

Mark Talmadge Cinematographer

I'm curious if anyone has anything about Space Rangers being released in the future to DVD. I know that these episodes were released for a short time to VHS and that it was produced by RHI Entertainment and broadcast on network television by CBS Entertainment.

I had contacted CBS before and they don't have any rights to the series, they just broadcasted the series. While only four episodes were aired on CBS, there were six episodes that were released to VHS but I had heard somewhere that around a dozen episodes were produced for the series but that it had failed to find an audience.

2. DougFND

DougFND Second Unit

Please do not take this as a thread crap. I usually bring up "Space Rangers" as one of the worst shows I've ever seen when the topic of bad shows comes up. Even among my sci-fi geek friends, nobody besides me has ever even heard of it, much less seen it.

I guess my point is that I wouldn't see much of a market for it. I'm not just saying that because I found the show so bad, but because I've never met anyone else that knows anything about it.

3. Mark Talmadge

I can see your point there but with such fine actors as:

Jeff Kaake............Captain John Boon
    Marjorie Monaghan.....JoJo
    Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa..Zylyn
    Jack McGee............Doc
    Clint Howard..........Mimmer
    Danny Quinn...........Danny Kincaid
    Gottfried John........Erik Weiss
    Linda Hunt...........Commander Chennault

They did have a fine cast for the show and while the series only lasted a few episodes and a fine director the direction of the series didn't seem too well handled by the writers. I wasn't impressed with the fact that the writers didn't seem to know what they were doing.

You are right though, since CBS only aired four episodes of the series, out of six that were aired in the UK, no many fans knew about this series but this had to do with the premiere for this series as well. CBS debuted this the first week of January 1993, an odd start date for a new series, much less a sci fi series. But, I did enjoy it somewhat.

4. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

5. Mark Talmadge

Region 4? If only it were possible to get them to play on a Region 1 DVD Player.[​IMG]

6. Rick P

Rick P Supporting Actor

what's your player? It may be able to do it with a few keypresses....

7. Mark_Wilson

Mark_Wilson Screenwriter

This was released in R2 as well. Two Discs, 6 episodes.