What's new

chronic pain sufferers....... (1 Viewer)

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Greg,
Low back pain since the mid-80s, right elbow/shoulder for the last 5 months. So far not severe and manageable with Naprocin, though the back gets way bad for a few weeks every 2 or 3 years.

I'm with Kaiser, so basically have to fend for myself as they are totally not going to do anything for me. They know I have no wife or children to sue if they kill me so refuse me any care whatsoever for anything. I am far from a hypochondriac, but I try to get to see a doctor maybe once every year or year and a half when I am so sick I can barely move, and those bastards refuse to let me see one for anything.

My experience with trying to get any care of any kind from Kaiser and totally failing indicates to me that seeking treatment for my elbow or back from them is not even worth attempting.

I don't know anybody in our line of work who actually makes it to retirement age, and I'm 52 now. Hoping to be able to get financially stable enough to start over at a lower pay scale in some other line of work before my back gives out completely.

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
Steve ...sounds like me,been an auto tech since 84,and in around 1990 developed a long winded name,type of spinal arthritis,Tons of OTC Alieve keep this under control,just ended the heavy line part of my job,which I DO NOT miss.:D Then last Dec I had surgery for sleep apnia,basically removed everything from tonsils up,adenoids,uvula,part of back of throat,deviated septem.Ante that,with the help of a BI-Pap sleeping machine, the sleep apnia is under control.:D Just one teeny problem,Ihave had a range 5 or better headache since I woke up from surgury LAST DEC.:angry: Before ,I had headaches very rarely,couple times year,or from too much inhalation of fumes at the shop.But now ,its a 24/7 thing.the doctor who did the surgery pretty much lost interest,"quote" "HHM ,strange, coincidence,that these headaches started right after surgery,guss you need to see a neurologist"I have had CAT scans ,no thing found.Now I m to the pretty much last stage,A pain clinic,all they d is help you manage the pain,since it appears to be unfixable:angry: They have me going to a neurologist next month ,just for ,grins,but I dont have a lot of hope of anything being found.I believe its was either scar tissue hiting a nerve,or BAD reaction to the anesthetic:frowning: Either way I have a feeling its going to be something thats not going away,:angry: .Right now the clinic has me on a script of 120 Lore-tabs a month,and it keeps it manageable.

Users who are viewing this thread