Chroma error and Pioneer Elite DV-37:A couple of ?s

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joe Cole, Aug 1, 2001.

1. Joe Cole

Joe Cole Second Unit

I own and us a Pioneer DVC-37 progressive DVD player and a Mit. 65" 65857. I have followed the posts and discussions on the chroma issue with this player as well as others. I have spent a good bit of time at the Secrets of Home Theater web site reading about this problem.
    Do start with a bang I will say that I do not have it. My DV-37 looks great on my TV. I have spent much time looking for this error and have not found it. My blues are blue and solid as are the reds. I compared the scenes(Toy Story I and II) on the web site with what was/is on my TV. And I find no problems. Why is this?
    With the Mits as most probably know, the red gun is set very hot. And the only way to 'fix' this cheaply and by someone with my little technical expertise is a small device on the red cable that reduces the strength of the signal about 3db. This works very well. Could this little device be the reason I do not see the chroma problem in the reds?
    Does any one have an explanation for me?
    ------------------
    Joe C.
    quote:Who's scruffy looking?
    My biscuits are a burnin.

2. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I just got a new DVD player (Technics DVD-A10 - like it!). I looked at the notorious Toy Story menu on my Proscan, then the Technics, and I can tell you the Proscan most definitely has the chroma problem, it's noticable even with an old NTSC set like mine. The settings of the TV won't make a difference in whether you see the problem or not. If you don't see it don't worry about it.
    ------------------
    Philip Hamm
    AIM: PhilBiker

3. Stan T

Stan T Stunt Coordinator

Joe I have a Pioneer Elite DV-38A and have looked long & hard for the chroma problem but I don't see it either. I have it hooked up to a Pioneer Elite Pro-710. Some people say they can see it & a lot of people can't. It provides a great picture & I'm extremely happy with it. Enjoy your player.

4. John H

John H Second Unit

5. Joe Cole

Joe Cole Second Unit

Maybe the problem realted to manufacoring and not a chip error. I have study the offending shots in the reds in TS I and II until my eyes popped out but not error. Hopefully this is not because my eyes are weak. How about color blindness(don't have it) could that lead to seeing the problem. I am not being 'funny' here I am just hoping to see an explaination why it is not universal. If it is a design error in the chips then it should be on all players/tv combos don't you think?
    ------------------
    Joe C.
    quote:Who's scruffy looking?
    My biscuits are a burnin.

6. Darryl_B

Darryl_B Stunt Coordinator