What's new

Press Release Christopher Nolan 4k UHD Collection Announcement (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Christopher-Nolan-4k-UHD-1.jpg

"Batman Begins," "The Dark Knight," "The Dark Knight Rises," "The Prestige," "Inception," "Interstellar," and "Dunkirk,"

VdjGQppZ.jpg

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Some of these photos are being pulled from overseas sources.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I believe Memento is with "another Label" but I'll have check with you later ... or again ... or did I forget? ;)

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
It would be nice if the Blu Ray discs get upgraded too, Batman Begins was an early release and designed to fit HD DVD with low bit rate, The Dark Knight has far too much edge enhancement likely due to the use of IMAX sharpening at the time and subsequent use of that version on Blu Ray.

Do Warner release better Blu Ray editions like Sony do when they put out these new UHD editions?

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
It would be nice if the Blu Ray discs get upgraded too, Batman Begins was an early release and designed to fit HD DVD with low bit rate, The Dark Knight has far too much edge enhancement likely due to the use of IMAX sharpening at the time and subsequent use of that version on Blu Ray.

Do Warner release better Blu Ray editions like Sony do when they put out these new UHD editions?

Doubt it. Pretty sure all the Potter 4Ks use old Blu-rays...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
"Insomnia" is Lionsgate, I think. "Insomnia" is WB, so not sure why it's not in there...
If you're talking about Memento with Lionsgate or Summit and Insomnia with Warner not being part of this package, my assumption is that they believe The Prestige with Bale and Jackman will sell better than those other two titles. Who knows, when it comes to marketing and beancounter types thinking or logic? I guess you can also question the inclusion of Interstellar or Inception, but those two titles have tremendous casts as do The Prestige. This is not a shot at Memento or Insomnia which has some fine actors too. I would think the studio has some home video metrics to back up their title decisions.

Last edited:

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The films included seem to represent Nolan's major works. Nolan probably considers Insomnia more of a work for hire, so combined with it not being a signature film and not being as big of a seller as the other titles that were included, I can understand that it's not the highest priority for Warner at the moment.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Although WB was a co-financier and overseas distributor on both, The Prestige and Interstellar belong to Disney and Paramount, respectively, for purposes of U.S. domestic distribution. So, good on those studios for cooperating with this release and allowing it to include those titles.

I'm not UHD equipped, but if I were, these are titles I would upgrade, for sure.

As to the absence of the other films: Batman Begins is his first "blockbuster" film for which a general moviegoer audience might know his name. (Not talking about people here, but average non-film geek people.) So, it makes sense to me that this set would start there, even though you're right that it would be more complete with the other films.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Although WB was a co-financier and overseas distributor on both, The Prestige and Interstellar belong to Disney and Paramount, respectively, for purposes of U.S. domestic distribution. So, good on those studios for cooperating with this release and allowing it to include those titles.

IIRC Paramount had a distribution agreement with Warner for several years, where Warner handled the distribution of many Paramount catalog titles. I don't know if Interstellar was initially a part of this agreement, but it probably wouldn't be a stretch for Warner to do a one-off deal with Paramount for it.

In the case of The Prestige, I wouldn't be surprised if Warner paid everything upfront to release this 4K version. (IIRC, this wasn't exactly an A-list title back in the day).

In either case, Disney and Paramount probably didn't have to lift a finger and got paid upfront.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks