What's new

Christopher Columbus Park in NYC (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Anybody know of a good online guide/map of NYC? I just watched Gangs of New York and Scorcese mentions in the commentary that the modern day Paradise park is roughly where Christopher Columbus Park is in NYC and is roughly NE of where the WTC used to be. Now that kind of puts it in Chinatown/Little Italy and I'm wondering if the park that we always used to park at is Christopher Columbus Park. I know when my parents used to go to NYC alot, we used to always park by a small park right in front of the State(?) Jail and courthouse. It was not far from Canal street but I don't recall the name of the park. I do know recognize some of the streets like Mulberry although might not be the same street as referenced in the movie... Anybody know of a good virtual online map of NYC that points out the location of Christopher Columbus Park?

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Columbus park picture

Found a picture... yeah, that's the place... All through the 70s and 80s my parents used to always park there because there was always a space or sometimes we would just park at a hydrant and my father would go get groceries and lunch and we'd eat in the car. Wow, I thought that was Columbus park but wasn't sure, haven't been there in a bit.

Cool!

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks