What's new

Christmast Lights ! (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
I saw something even larger on one of those "Christmas to the Extreme" types of shows last year. This one guy did it all through his computer. He synched lights and music up all through his yard (like this video).

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
I don't think X-10 would be able to keep up with that. The latency with X-10 is not only high, but also unpredictably variable, making it utterly useless for this kind of synchronization.

Looks like it was fun to put together, though. :)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
That is just nuts. I wouldn't even put up lights if I was next door from this house - I wouldn't want to divert anyone's eyes.

Wow!

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor
I sure as hell would not want his electric bill come the end of the holidays - otherwise, pretty damned cool!

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
It's absolutely real. Done by Carson Williams in Mason, OH. He posted it earlier this year to a board dealing with Christmas lights.

LOR is Light O' Rama, a company that makes controllers for lighting. Apparently, X-10 is not reliable enough for this type of work.

Here is a link to the message board where his display is discussed.

There are several people doing this type of stuff online. The music is broadcast on FM, via a souped up FM transmitter for an IPOD ( or similar devise). So, the neighbors don't have to listen to the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks